Do Paths also connects Worlds?

treedog

A translation of Chesed would be "loving kindness," since it gives you literally everything, ... Geburah is where this is limited, with the introduction of movement and instability. It forces the elements to mix, create new things,...

This is really good. Are you writing a book on this?

Sorry about the avatars changing. I'm having an AT identity crisis. Or is it Geburah at work?

GnosticTarotCards

for instance malkuth is number 10, yesod number 9 and the world of assiah is coins. so if you put the entry point card , the trump then the exit or transition point card it may give you a feeling for the space in the middle which is a kabbalistic path.

treedog

for instance ... it may give you a feeling for the space in the middle which is a kabbalistic path.

Another table of attributes or list of correspondences and I might explode. But this provides some deepening, a simple and somewhat personal entry. This, now, gives my study a nice focus.

Who writes specifically about the paths connecting the Sepheroth? For the time being I'm following a GD orientation, if for no other reason than to put an established rudder in the water until I can get out of the harbour and navigate off the stars.

Zephyros

Who writes specifically about the paths connecting the Sepheroth? For the time being I'm following a GD orientation, if for no other reason than to put an established rudder in the water until I can get out of the harbour and navigate off the stars.

I don't know, but my advice is to do what I did, do it yourself. Once you know the basics of the Sephiroth, you can go on to analyze each path according to its letter, card, parallels to other paths, astrological attribution, surrounding Sephiroth and symbolism. Since the GD used Tarot as a Qabalistic encyclopedia, it is very good as a learning tool. Find a good Qabalistic deck you like and take off from there. I recommend the Thoth, despite the liberties it takes with the Tree. However, its scope helps the student of Qabalah get a grip on things from several different angles, which is sometimes essential. It's a learning curve, but once you have a few definitions under your belt it gets easier, and soon you'll find yourself knowing things by heart without meaning to, since you use the same tools over and over.

A great advantage to using Tarot to study Qabalah is that the associated symbols and attributions give far greater contexts with which to formulate your understanding, rather than purely abstract ideas.

In a sense all modern books about Tarot speak of the paths, even if they purport not to, as the paths, cards and their divinatory associations are interconnected.

GnosticTarotCards

one of my favorite things to do is get all the minor cards and place them on the sefirot. then take the trumps and make paths from those minor sefirot to the paths. the paths are the connecting thread that moves energy through the two sefirot. when in a path you get energized by that "elemental" and therefore the archetype tells the archangel to direct its angelic messengers in physical body. then I can "qualify" a path rather than just "quantify" it

Zephyros

one of my favorite things to do is get all the minor cards and place them on the sefirot. then take the trumps and make paths from those minor sefirot to the paths. the paths are the connecting thread that moves energy through the two sefirot. when in a path you get energized by that "elemental" and therefore the archetype tells the archangel to direct its angelic messengers in physical body. then I can "qualify" a path rather than just "quantify" it

Yes, that's very interesting. Each Trump is actually four in one, with different shades depending on the world you're in. Same, but different. Myself I haven't gotten to that yet, but one day I'll analyze the Trumps based on the worlds.

treedog

...then I can "qualify" a path rather than just "quantify" it

I'm making a mental note of this. I can tell that it's one of those things that will mean a great deal a little further along. "Qualifying" sounds empirical at a very personal level.

GnosticTarotCards

yes. each trump (major arcana) is four cards in one . the world used for interpretation will determine the appropriate practice. if its assiah we are dealing with science on all physical levels, yetzeriah, that of angelic forces, briah archangels and atzulith the core of reality or attributes of godhead. its important to remember these attributes. they correspond to different ways to actually use tarot, instead of just learning it.

today (5/2/2013) pulled the 6 of disks, which in Continental system is Tifferet in Assiah, Venus in Taurus and represents the Science of Business effect on the Heart. so i do heart meditations and practice because todays affinity in my chart is this card. now i can prepare what the buddhists call "analytic meditation" where you use the mind to chew up an idea. now the tree comes to life in daily living, then i can be dilligent on connecting to higher levels of the four worlds through this card. angelic,archangelic and intelligibles respectively.