Page of Pentacles as obstacle

Miradeck

Dear fellow tarot readers,
I'm trying to understand how to interpret Page of Pents as an obstacle from a relationship (romantic/ platonic) standpoint. Pentacles being material stuff, does this mean that the obstacle would be related to evaluating what is realistic and what would be the benefits coming out of a relationship?

Can anyone shed more light on this page?

PAMUYA

I'm trying to understand how to interpret Page of Pents as an obstacle from a relationship (romantic/ platonic) standpoint. Pentacles being material stuff, does this mean that the obstacle would be related to evaluating what is realistic and what would be the benefits coming out of a relationship?

Obstacle, this page is cast as a patient, a bit juvenile friend. They are in a learning mode, not necessarily looking for romance, they are preoccupied. I do not see this as a relationship card, more of a friendship card. The obstacle may be you are looking for more than they can give at this time.

moonriver.

The Page of pentacles as an obstacles could be about someone is overly critical and it is hindering their relationships somehow. They may tend to see many faults in a person.

Grizabella

A Page is immature, so that's one point. This would be somebody who is always tagging along after you asking "why did you do this?" and 'where are you going?" and things of that sort. Always breathing down you neck so that every time you turn around, you trip over them and have to explain or justify everything to them.

Pentacles are about money, for another point, so maybe this is someone who is quite immature in the way they spend money and handle their daily affairs, so that's something that can always be popping up----overspending and then you have to fix it somehow, buying "toys" like new computer games and spending more time with the toys than with you. Or if it's a woman, having to buy the latest fashion whether it suits them or not and then when they get home, they don't like it after all.

IndigoWaves

Pages, like children who haven't yet dealt with life's hard knocks, can be over-optimistic and unskilled at obtaining something desired from the designated suit. (Pents typically involve physical, material, security and/or status-related goals.) Happily fixated, they easily miss or gloss-over important facts and details that threaten to derail their dreams: Potential failure may be inconceivable...

They then run out of steam as barriers appear, lacking the wherewithal to get through, over or around them... At which point they may fall into an intractable sulk, throw embarrassing tantrums, or just drop everything and hop aboard a brand-new, shiny train. (Pent Pages lean towards stubbornness, no matter how futile.) If they do manage to get what they want, though, the novelty can wear off very quickly, ushering in a cranky boredom.

nisaba

It could simply indicate that one or more children parented by one or both partners is some sort of obstacle: perhaps by hating the new step-parent or by playing off one natural parent against the other.

Or perhaps the issue of children-in-general: perhaps one partner wants them but the other isn't keen. Or they're both keen but one has an infertility problem.

Any of the above could be a real obstacle to the happiness of relationship.

Miradeck

Obstacle, this page is cast as a patient, a bit juvenile friend. They are in a learning mode, not necessarily looking for romance, they are preoccupied. I do not see this as a relationship card, more of a friendship card. The obstacle may be you are looking for more than they can give at this time.

Thanks PAMUYA, I missed the part on the page being in a learning mode, this is a good point. The other aspect of obstacle seems like a supply < demand situation. Lack of commitment would be what came to mind.

Miradeck

The Page of pentacles as an obstacles could be about someone is overly critical and it is hindering their relationships somehow. They may tend to see many faults in a person.

Thanks moonriver. How did you come to the conclusion on Pents being overly critical? I would have thought that might be a Page/Swords behavior.

Miradeck

A Page is immature, so that's one point. Always breathing down you neck so that every time you turn around, you trip over them and have to explain or justify everything to them.

Pentacles are about money, for another point, so maybe this is someone who is quite immature in the way they spend money and handle their daily affairs.

Thanks Grizabella, what you've said makes sense as well. I was always thinking along the lines of Pents being a serious suite and therefore, Page kind of reflects boredom and lack of interest.

Miradeck

Pages, like children who haven't yet dealt with life's hard knocks, can be over-optimistic and unskilled at obtaining something desired from the designated suit. (Pents typically involve physical, material, security and/or status-related goals.) Happily fixated, they easily miss or gloss-over important facts and details that threaten to derail their dreams: Potential failure may be inconceivable...

They then run out of steam as barriers appear, lacking the wherewithal to get through, over or around them... At which point they may fall into an intractable sulk, throw embarrassing tantrums, or just drop everything and hop aboard a brand-new, shiny train. (Pent Pages lean towards stubbornness, no matter how futile.) If they do manage to get what they want, though, the novelty can wear off very quickly, ushering in a cranky boredom.

Thanks IndigoWaves! Yes exactly, I've interpreted the Page/Pents in an obstacle position as lacking the stamina and getting bored or neglect something easily. Thanks for putting more details into the interpretations.