The Chariot as intentions/actions

Akitablue

Ok I'm at utter confusion on this one and stuck. I asked what the intentions were of someones actions and I pulled the Chariot. With what they did, I was looking to find out if they did this certain action as a revenge, to hurt, or get a rise out of me or if simply they did it for their own interest not even thinking of me and my feelings, they just did it for them. The chariot goes both way as an answer for this. I know it means that it is a victory and that the chariot is someone who doesn't care who they roll over to get what they want. (doing it only for him) It also is a card of revenge. (doing it to get a rise out of me) So how do I know the difference when the answer goes both ways? What is your take on this card?

Sharla

Intentions in what way ?

Sharla

As to why they did what they did.

Which is what ??? How can you expect people to help you if your not giving them the full details. ...this could be regarding amy thing, which would in turn change the card's meaning.

Akitablue

Sharla gave me great insight to my question so I understand my question now..in case anyone else responds..I understand now... :)

nisaba

Perhaps it is being literal. Perhaps they are "riding roughshod" over you without any particular intentions, just doing their thing without any thought as to its consequences to you.

EmpyreanKnight

Hi Akitablue! I know it's a bit late and you must've already answered your question by now, but I admit that when I began I've had some struggles ferreting out the correct meaning from a plethira of possible ones for a single card. Back then I was tempted to just draw clarificatory cards to get a handle on the original one, and I guess that's fine if you're a newbie or if you've tried many other approaches and you're really, royally, ultimately stumped.

But since you're in the Using Tarot Cards subforum, I guess you've also drawn other cards for this question. Really, the best way to single out the meaning of a card is to relate it to the other cards in your spread, sense the general thread emerging from them and apply this to it. You have to listen to the story the cards are weaving for you. Once you get a grip of this, your readings will proceed more smoothly.

I know it's easier said than done, and I have so much I still have to learn myself, but I know you'd get better at it if you practice. Hope this helps. :)

SunChariot

Ok I'm at utter confusion on this one and stuck. I asked what the intentions were of someones actions and I pulled the Chariot. With what they did, I was looking to find out if they did this certain action as a revenge, to hurt, or get a rise out of me or if simply they did it for their own interest not even thinking of me and my feelings, they just did it for them. The chariot goes both way as an answer for this. I know it means that it is a victory and that the chariot is someone who doesn't care who they roll over to get what they want. (doing it only for him) It also is a card of revenge. (doing it to get a rise out of me) So how do I know the difference when the answer goes both ways? What is your take on this card?

The short answer to how you know which of two possible conflicting answers is the right one is....intuition. There is no way to think it out. You have to FEEL it. Tarot runs on intuition.

As for what the card might mean, the cards talk somewhat differently to different readers. It comes with experience, when you get to feel the variations what they mean to you. For me, what The Chariot would likely mean on someone's intentions would be that they want to work hard to make things succeed. They are willing to put in the work and not give up until they get to where they want to go.

Babs

Enlightenment23

Perhaps it is being literal. Perhaps they are "riding roughshod" over you without any particular intentions, just doing their thing without any thought as to its consequences to you.

100% agree with Nisaba on this one. The Chariot only sees his destination and goal, and he will get there no matter who he has to run over to get there. So I don't see revenge per se, but rather a one-track minded person who is aggressive/assertive about attaining a goal and will mow anyone down who gets in the way.