Tarot and Time

mystical_symphony

Hello! I am new to this forum! This seems like a place I'll really enjoy frequenting.

I have an inquiry for all of you. Does anyone know of tarot cards relaying time? For instance the Sun card being equal to 20 years, or the wands representing days and swords representing years, etc?

Fulgour

Hello :) Mystical Symphony! Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot!

It's possible to make an in-depth study of systems created
by others, based on their own ideas, but to satisy yourself,
I recommend laying all the cards out on a big enough table,
and slowly but surely discovering what makes sense to you.

magissa82

HI mystical symphony. If you click on the Forum Table of Contents link you should find a link for all previous posts on tarot and timing....

:)

Umbrae

Clocks, calandars, chronographs have nothing to do with time.

Figure out what time IS - to YOU. Once you have your own context down, you'll know what you'll be looking at when you follow Fulgour's excellent suggestion.

as I write this it is, Wednesday, 27 December 2006, 6 Teveth 5767, 6 Dhu al-Hijjah 1427, 6 Dey 1385, Cycle 78, year 23 (Bing-Xu), month 11 (Geng-Zi), day 8 (Geng-Yin), (and for the fnord followers - Sweetmorn, The Aftermath 69, Year of Our Lady of Discord 3172).

So when are we? And if you measure from here to there, or you to me...how long will it take?

Diffn't stuff for each and both of us huh.

So how long is that next card?

Start journaling. Let your spreads tell you WHEN.

Do not - I repeat - do not attempt to impose a time period stucture onto the cards. Guinness has been known to forcefully erupt though nasal passages, exhibiting extreme pressure upon the vomer upon doing so, when…

How long will this cigarette take? :smoker:

Time. Time it sometime...

Fulgour

tick tock

In "Tarot Time" I keep wondering...
how long 'til I find a "Rolla Nordic"?

Umbrae

Fulgour said:
In "Tarot Time" I keep wondering...
how long 'til I find a "Rolla Nordic"?
Time is such a funny thing.

The Rolla Nordic will find you when it needs you.

Could be tomorrow...or it could be tomorrow in geologic time, or Rolla Nordic time.

Whichever way, it'll be right on time.

Just like this train...see ya later! :smoker:

SunChariot

mystical_symphony said:
Hello! I am new to this forum! This seems like a place I'll really enjoy frequenting.

I have an inquiry for all of you. Does anyone know of tarot cards relaying time? For instance the Sun card being equal to 20 years, or the wands representing days and swords representing years, etc?

You can use the cards to ask when something will happen. But the accuracy of it can be iffy, more and more so the further the event is in the future. As the future is so fluid and can so easily be changed. So many things can change when something will happen. But in case you want to play with it, here is my method:

Shuffle and pull one card, in your usual way.

The Minors (from one to ten) tell you the exact timing
Wands= days
Cups=weeks
Swords=months
Pentacles=years

You can use the numbers as well. Let's say the 8 of Cups came up, that means 8 weeks, or the 10 of Wands would mean in 10 days.

Court Cards
The Court cards represent people involved in the situation that are affecting its outcome. They generally mean that when the event happens is related to the actions of these people and when they take these actions. These variables have not yet been determined. You can often tell who the person is holding up things by looking at the card.

Majors
The event will take place once the querent masters the particular lesson that the Major is about. He/she is in the middle of a learning process and things won't progress until he/she fully learns what he/she is meant to from the experience. The timing on that is indetermined. As the querent has the option to learn and change and grow at whatever speed he wants to. But once he/she has completed what he/she is meant to, then the event will manifest itself.

Bar

mystical_symphony

wow!

Brilliant replies!!!

The last one was especially helpful.

Thank you very much for responding to me so thoughtfully.

Umbrae

SunChariot said:
The Minors (from one to ten) tell you the exact timing
Wands= days
Cups=weeks
Swords=months
Pentacles=years

You can use the numbers as well. Let's say the 8 of Cups came up, that means 8 weeks, or the 10 of Wands would mean in 10 days.

This is an example of a static timing system.

It does not move, or breathe – it’s inflexible and non-dynamic.

It also will not work with an intuitive reader. Might be fine for some book reader folks – but it won’t work for many.

Understanding your own concept of time is a much better method – though not as easy.

Tarot – like life itself, is dynamic rather than static, and may not respond well to having one person’s static system imposed upon it.

Results will vary.

:smoker:

Simone

Why not look at the cards literally?

If you have fully illustrated cards, depending on the deck, look at clues on the cards themselves. Is it morning or evening? Is it raining or is the sun shining? Snowing? Is it day or night? What season is it?

Put yourself into the card and feel what time it is in there...

For example - if it's dark in the card - how does it feel - like the dark season, or like a summer night?

Or if there are thunderheads on it - could mean literally when it next rains, or after an emotional thunderstorm.

Stuff like that...

(thanks for an idea for the intuitive studies ;) )