Do you cleanse your decks?

Manfeex

does you deck exhibit any of these symptoms?
---------------
Sage is used for digestive problems, including loss of appetite, gas (flatulence), stomach pain (gastritis), diarrhea, bloating, and heartburn. It is also used for reducing overproduction of perspiration and saliva; and for depression, memory loss, and Alzheimer's disease.
WebMD

Welcome to AT if I haven't said it all ready :) We do love new members!

Oh that's awkward! Sorry!

Manfeex

I do cleanse my decks. Nothing elaborate but I pass each card over dragon's blood incense or sage stick. When I have used them for copious reading or have had many people handle the deck I do find that after sometime the readings become vague. So I just do that to cleanse them and once they are cleaned I use amethyst crystal to charge the deck. This is just what i do. Whatever feels right for you go for it. Try different things and find what works for you. I hope this helps. :)

I do have dragon blood! I love the smell.. I've also got white sage? Will that do?

Zephyros

I do have dragon blood! I love the smell.. I've also got white sage? Will that do?

It's all about belief. Whatever you think will do, will do.

AprilEthereal

It's all about belief. Whatever you think will do, will do.

Exactly. Do what feels right to you, there is no one prescribed method!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josefita

cleasing decks

I agreeing with putting them in order. It doesn't matter which suit comes after the major arcana. If they still "feel" heavy, I run them through smoke, lightly, with the intent of clearing negative energy. Also putting them away for a while close to crystals seems to help. Some people are empathic and can "feel" unwanted energies from things, people, places. That's about all I have to say about that. Some people are not bothered by prior used items, some are.

nisaba

Shuffle them briefly.

The magic (positive and negative) is in YOU, not in the cards.

page of wands

I agreeing with putting them in order. It doesn't matter which suit comes after the major arcana. If they still "feel" heavy, I run them through smoke, lightly, with the intent of clearing negative energy. Also putting them away for a while close to crystals seems to help. Some people are empathic and can "feel" unwanted energies from things, people, places. That's about all I have to say about that. Some people are not bothered by prior used items, some are.

I think what I'm going to do is order them at least to make sure all the cards are there, and then when i have a crystal keep it in the bag with them. just in case it helps in any way and also as a place to store the crystal.

page of wands

Most of the time my decks are brand new and I never feel the need to do any kind of ritual to "clear/boost/dedicate the energy" in anyway - except to begin using them.
I once had a 2nd hand deck that smelled of Patchouli oil.
I don't like Patchouli much - so I think I used to air it alot by just leaving it sitting about spread out.
Even tried wiping it down quickly with a damp cloth.
Next time I think I might do the "in the bag with lavender" thing...maybe even charcoal that's in the bag wrapped in kitchen paper might suck up the scent...

***Or you could your a dryer sheet where you liked the smell of it.

page of wands

They wouldn't get jealous, I think :p but not in the same bag, as then I'd be the confused one. They all lie happily together in very many drawers - they are quite closely snuggled together in groups ! (I can't put them ALL together, but they are all in the same small room. It's very crowded.)

yeah i'm going to put them in there own little bag. i have a bunch of makeup bags. lol