First professional gig - advice please.

Sandalwood

Sounds like you will be doing great! I read in a gypsy caravan too :)
Make sure you always let them leave on a positive note or with some supporting comforting words (especially if it's difficult cards).
They will ask general, but like Ace said it then is often too general, so don't be afraid to ask for a topic (or tell them again when they say "well, I really don't know"). It will make it easier for you to read as well.
Oh, and bring tissues just in case.

Good luck!

donnalee

The caravan sounds great, so good luck with it and I am glad you are getting good advice. Enjoy!

Audelia

This thread couldn't have come at a better time! :) Some fantastic advice. I have read for strangers in the past, but next week I'll be doing my first 'live' reading on a radio station. I work in media and since word got out about my 'extra curricular' activities, I've been inundated with requests.

Reading through all this solid advice has definitely calmed my nerves about it all :)

haleyw

Sounds like you will be doing great! I read in a gypsy caravan too :)
Make sure you always let them leave on a positive note or with some supporting comforting words (especially if it's difficult cards).
They will ask general, but like Ace said it then is often too general, so don't be afraid to ask for a topic (or tell them again when they say "well, I really don't know"). It will make it easier for you to read as well.
Oh, and bring tissues just in case.

Good luck!

Great advice - thanks very much! :thumbsup:

Tissues! Oh noooooooo!!!!

haleyw

This thread couldn't have come at a better time! :) Some fantastic advice. I have read for strangers in the past, but next week I'll be doing my first 'live' reading on a radio station. I work in media and since word got out about my 'extra curricular' activities, I've been inundated with requests.

Reading through all this solid advice has definitely calmed my nerves about it all :)

Glad we could be of some assistance! :)

Best of luck with that. Come back and update!

Ruby Jewel

update

T'would be nice to hear how it went.