Asking the deck questions about itself...

Sirena84

Hello

I often ask questions from my deck about itself.. Well herself.. I have decided that its a female based on all the answers I get from her.. I ask her before every reading how she is feeling and also I always ask whether or not she is up for a certain reading and whether I can ask it and if the answer is no I put the deck away and ask later..

For example today gave me the 7 of coins - time out card when I asked if I could do my first and perhaps only reading for the day.. .I read it as it wants to be left alone for a bit

I don't normally do more than a few and make sure its on different subjects and people..

Does anyone else do this? What do you think of this? I sometimes feel silly doing it, but I want to ask questions from my deck only when its ready..

Just like to know hear your thoughts..

Many thanks :) xx

Eremita90

Clearly, everybody is entitled to his/her opinion, but I've never felt the need to ask my deck about itself. In my personal view I've always been kind of conscious that the deck has, in itself, no answer to give, for all its meaning and moral qualities are essentially a reflection of my way of reading the cards by pushing the boundaries of my current perception of the events. I do know of some people who have nice chats with their decks, though, and I respect that

Sirena84

Clearly, everybody is entitled to his/her opinion, but I've never felt the need to ask my deck about itself. In my personal view I've always been kind of conscious that the deck has, in itself, no answer to give, for all its meaning and moral qualities are essentially a reflection of my way of reading the cards by pushing the boundaries of my current perception of the events. I do know of some people who have nice chats with their decks, though, and I respect that

thank you for the response.. okay good to know I am not the only one.. I am more particular about asking them whether I can ask them a question before asking it and if the response is negative I leave the question for another day... And yes it is my perception of what they are trying to tell me.. :)

Curious Dragon

I don't really ask my decks questions, but I do a deck interview spread when I start using one for the first time. (Or the first time since I discovered the spread.) I thought I'd was pretty funny when the RWS came up with the Knight of Pentacles for the deck's strength position. Clear and reliable, but maybe not as exciting as some newer decks. šŸ˜ƒ The rest of the spread was accurate, too, but that card really struck me.

Sirena84

I don't really ask my decks questions, but I do a deck interview spread when I start using one for the first time. (Or the first time since I discovered the spread.) I thought I'd was pretty funny when the RWS came up with the Knight of Pentacles for the deck's strength position. Clear and reliable, but maybe not as exciting as some newer decks. šŸ˜ƒ The rest of the spread was accurate, too, but that card really struck me.

It is funny.. yes I would probably have a little chuckle if I had the RWS knight of pents too.. although in mine, the knight of pents is still but has a different focus and its more dreamy :) I asked mine about its personality and it gave me 9 of pents... I liked it.. And also when I asked what it thinks of me it gave me queen of wands.. considering that I am leo and I am firey and independent, it struck me, that it had so right.. :)

moon_light

I'll do deck interviews, but I don't really "talk" to my decks much. There's one that likes me to acknowledge it more overtly, but the others are fine. To me, it's more of a question of which deck is best for the question as opposed to which deck is okay with reading it. I'm getting a little off with one of them, though, so I think it needs a break. I do feel that the decks have some sort of personality, but I know that any activity within that personality is dependent on where I'm at, not them.

Sirena84

I'll do deck interviews, but I don't really "talk" to my decks much. There's one that likes me to acknowledge it more overtly, but the others are fine. To me, it's more of a question of which deck is best for the question as opposed to which deck is okay with reading it. I'm getting a little off with one of them, though, so I think it needs a break. I do feel that the decks have some sort of personality, but I know that any activity within that personality is dependent on where I'm at, not them.

This is very interesting , the deck interview I mean... :)
Yes I do certainly feel that my deck has a personality.. A very strong one too.. I have a strong personality so it matches :)
The reason why I ask my deck whether it would like to answer certain questions before me asking them is that I feel that i want to get the most out of it.. and I really feel that my deck is rolling its eyes out on me sometimes... I can hear it after asking some questions saying "REALLY!! haven't you asked this question like 10 times before, give it a rest!!" "hahahahaha so now I have decided to ask them if I can ask the question or if its the right time to ask before I do...today I asked if I may ask a question about an ex and I got "4 of swords" . to me this meant that my deck was telling me to give it a rest. so I didn't ask the question.. :)

ana luisa

One more for believing decks have their own personalities. And very different at that. Some are sweet, tactful while others can be downright rude ! I never do intervews but I do ask a deck how it would deliver messages if used with reversals and if used without. I basically leave it to the deck to choose how it wants to talk ;)

tarotbear

Everyone is free to do whatever they think makes them happier.

"Hello, Mr. Hammer - can I use you to put a nail in the wall? Not today - you have a headache? O.K."

"Say there, Mr. Laptop - could you connect to the Internet for me? Oh? O.K. - I'll wait until next week to pick up my email."

"BTW, Ms. Electric Stove - can I heat up my soup now? Why, Thank You! I am so hungry!"

A tool is a tool is a tool ...... and Tarot is a tool. :shhh:

ana luisa

Everyone is free to do whatever they think makes them happier.

"Hello, Mr. Hammer - can I use you to put a nail in the wall? Not today - you have a headache? O.K."

"Say there, Mr. Laptop - could you connect to the Internet for me? Oh? O.K. - I'll wait until next week to pick up my email."

"BTW, Ms. Electric Stove - can I heat up my soup now? Why, Thank You! I am so hungry!"

A tool is a tool is a tool ...... and Tarot is a tool. :shhh:

That's why we curse at the table if we trip over its leg ... Can the table hear you ? Is it to blame ? :D