Oracles with Tarot

greatdane

Was wondering who mixes tarot and oracles in readings. Sometimes I do a tarot reading and then do a one or two card oracle reading for a kind of second perspective. Do you do this? If so, which oracles do you like to use with which tarot decks?

I've used Wisdom Well, psycards and Madame Endora as a follow up with a few different decks.

GryffinSong

I haven't mixed the two yet, but I keep thinking I'd like to. Perhaps the druid plant and/or animal oracles with one of the animal tarots. Throw the Rabbit Tarot in the mix, for instance.

The best example I can think of of times I mixed oracles was when I tried to do a reading with the lovely Luman. I couldn't make heads nor tails of it, so I drew cards for the same positions from the Creatrix and laid them beside the Luman. Wow! All of a sudden I had clarity and it was really cool!!!

I'm interested in how folks choose to mix the two. I'm up for some experiments! :)

celticnoodle

I was inspired by a friend of mine who reads with a Lenormand deck to mix it with tarot cards. It worked really well. I pull the same amount of Lenormand cards as I do tarot, and read the two together. so far, it's made for a deeper reading over all.

My only problem with that is that I don't have all the Lenormand cards memorized, and with that deck, you pretty much need to know the meanings assigned to them, I think. So, I cannot do this for clients yet.

DaughterOfDanu

I use tarot and oracle in two ways.

The first is when I'll pull three oracle cards at the end of the tarot reading to sum things up and end the reading with some uplifting advice.

The second is when for every tarot card I use I'll pair it with an oracle card which adds a lot of extra depth and some interesting results.

Right now I'm using the Wild Wisdom of the Faery oracle with my Magic Manga tarot (Just because they both came last week in the mail) and for a trial read I did a simple little spread and in one of the card positions I pulled the Three Graces (New Friendship, Adventures, Joy) and the Three of Cups (Socialization, Parties, Enjoying ones-self) It definitely reaffirmed that tarot and oracle can make a great pair.

GryffinSong

Hmmm. I'll be getting the "good witch bad witch" deck in trade soon. It might be really fun to pull a witch or two to add to a tarot spread. I'll have to play around with that when it arrives. :)

IheartTarot

I usually read with two oracle systems together, the primary one being Tarot or Lenormand, although sometimes I read Tarot and Lenormand together.

I guess it gives me a second opinion, a different perspective, something to pull the reading together with a key message.

I don't have a fixed system of pairing. I often pull a single rune or oracle card such as the Oracle of Shadows & Light together with a Tarot or Lenormand reading. I try to match the secondary system to the first so that they have complementary themes and artwork.

Some people have matched all their Tarot decks with oracle decks which is a pretty cool idea, e.g. bodhran.

BodhiSeed

IheartTarot said:
Some people have matched all their Tarot decks with oracle decks which is a pretty cool idea, e.g. bodhran.

Thanks IheartTarot:heart:!
I've been using tarot and oracle together for so long now, I can't imagine doing it any other way. The oracle draw usually complements or summarizes the tarot reading, but sometimes it will give an added dimension. See my website for examples.

SGrossberg

Greatdane - I ALWAYS mix Tarot and oracle cards as I find that they compliment each other well, and provide an added depth to the readings.

merissa_88

I love using the two together, although I like to combine two themed decks for readings. My most recent combination is the Victorian Flower Oracle and Spirit of Flowers Tarot.

KMilliron

I'd love mixing Necronomicon with my Marvel Heroes.

Though I had to find a new place for some of my Pokemon cards (Geek and proud of it) when Mom said she was looking for card pages to hold her coupons.

Considered turning some pokemon cards into oracle cards, but which deck would I group that with..?