Rich Oracle Decks

CosmicTarot

Hiya!

I'm on the outlook for rich, hearty oracle decks. I often feel the one's I've seen are a little hollow. They've got way too few cards and too simplistic keywords for my taste.

Examples of oracle decks I find rich in scope and complexity would be the Rackham Oracle and Oracle of the Radiant Sun. They've got a nice balance between light and darkness and the possibility to highlight a wide range of experiences.

Rackham: Ascension, Persecution, Guardianship, Shadow, Polarity etc (75 cards)
Oracle of the Radiant Sun: Exaltation, Eccentricity, Organization, Manipulation etc (84 Cards)

Which decks would you recommend for someone looking for these kind of deep and rich oracles? Nice imagery is appreciated too! :)

AnemoneRosie

Have you looked at the Earthbound Oracle?

CosmicTarot

Have you looked at the Earthbound Oracle?

Yes, absolutely! It's on my wishlist. I think it's gorgeous, but I was actually about to mention that as an example of what I find to be a not so rich Oracle deck lol :p

It's definitely better than some super fluffy and less rich ones out there with only: Joy, Playfulness, Love but I feel it's still kind of limited in its range. I'm not sure if it would be able to answer really complex questions/situations since the keywords are somewhat simplistic.

Nevertheless, it's beautiful. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one and I'm sure it would be great for certain type of questions. But let's say I asked about some intricate situation and I got the cards: Home, arcana, travel. Those wouldn't really give me a good picture either of what the situation is about or what to do about it, while let's say I asked Rackham or Radiant Sun and got umm Manipulation, Guardianship, Persecution. Then I would have like both motivation and a pretty good overview of the situation. I'm rambling, nevermind! I just thought I should try to explain a little further. However ---

Thank you so much! :)

Dogs&Coffee

Oracle Des Reflets is amaaaazing.

AnemoneRosie

I have both Earthbound and Rackham - I find them equally deep.
The key is how intuitively you can interpret images.

CosmicTarot

Oracle Des Reflets is amaaaazing.

I recently came across that one! It looks really nice, I need to do some digging around. Thank you for reminding me and giving your opinion on it. I'm tempted! :)

CosmicTarot

I have both Earthbound and Rackham - I find them equally deep.
The key is how intuitively you can interpret images.

That's true!
I'm not sure if it's just my way working with an Oracle that's lacking, because I'm highly dependent upon keywords and I love those Oracles with an intriguing, broad vocabulary. However, I shouldn't underestimate what the images convey.

I want both nevertheless, they're really aesthetically pleasing :)

Thanks again!

theFeeLion

I know I'm probably a bit biased but I think Froud's Faeries Oracle is incredibly rich and complex. I've never been a fan of overly fluffy decks but I find that this deck has a really good balance of light and dark. Plus it's good at going deep, and it can be both pretty straight talking or nice and gentle :D

BodhiSeed

Tao Oracle and Oracle of the Dreamtime. :)

silvereye

psychic tarot by John Holland.