Three-card reading

Miss Woo

Hello,

Would anyone be interested in helping me with this three-card reading? I just did it with the Soprafino deck. Here are the cards (there was no question):

The Empress
The Popess
8 of Wands

Quint: Death
Base: King of Cups

--

My interpretation:

I don't see this as a past, present, future spread but rather as a message.

I think these two women have come together to give me some advice, and they're including the 8 of Wands in that advice. I feel that they're being very protective and caring of me.

I think they're saying: "You're going through a psychological process of letting go of things that no longer work for you; this process is a difficult time for you, so take care of yourself and honour your feelings and your intuition. But don't forget to use logic and reason when making your decisions."

What do you think? I would appreciate any ideas you may have :)

Alta

Although there was no question, did you randomly draw the cards or did you have a situation, concern or something in mind? Just for context.

Miss Woo

Oh, I know what it's about! It just came to me...

The situation is about my goal to attract my ideal partner. I have a very specific idea in mind of what I'm looking for in a partner (I actually have a list). I think they're advising me on how to go about achieving this goal.

The Empress and The Popess make up the feminine archetype and I'm wondering if that has any significance here... I wonder what they're trying to tell me. And then there's the 8 of Wands, which I read as Justice.

eta

Hmm, let's see... The Empress represents the physical world, and The Popess represents the spiritual world, and the 8 of Wands (as Justice) might represent the intellect... Body, mind and spirit. Perhaps they're telling me to take all these things into account when deciding on a partner?

eta eta

Yes, that's what I think the message is... Death represents what I need to let go of - the ways of being that no longer work for me in relationships - and the King of Cups represents the psychological process I'm going through as I become more emotionally mature and clear about what I want.

dancing_moon

In this kind of spread, I like looking at the base card first, to see what's the overall/hidden meaning behind the reading/question, 'what's on your heart', so to speak. :) King of Cups in this sense probably represents your perfect partner as something that's constantly at the back of your mind and occupies your thoughts when you aren't doing anything else (since no question was asked).

I'm also curious to see both the Empress and the Popess here. In fact, the Empress is often seen as a 'perfect' woman, so, perhaps, the cards are pointing out to the fact that you might want to pay more attention to yourself and your own femininity, to pamper yourself and to bring out the best of yourself before embarking on the search for a perfect partner. The Popess, to me, is a card of a lonely woman, much like the Hermit, and also an esoteric. Your deck might want you to spend more time and thought on it. :p 8 of Wands might be related to the 8 of Wands from your recent reading. It also speaks to me about consciously bringing balance into your life.

I usually read the Quint last and as a piece of advice. As such, I agree with your interpretation of Death here, you need to let go of the things that are no longer relevant. :)

Hope this helps you some. :) Good luck!

ETA: Love your signature verse! :D

3ill.yazi

Card XIIII I am wondering if it refers to, the clock is ticking. :) life will continue regardless of our intentions.

Miss Woo

In this kind of spread, I like looking at the base card first, to see what's the overall/hidden meaning behind the reading/question, 'what's on your heart', so to speak. :) King of Cups in this sense probably represents your perfect partner as something that's constantly at the back of your mind and occupies your thoughts when you aren't doing anything else (since no question was asked).

I'm also curious to see both the Empress and the Popess here. In fact, the Empress is often seen as a 'perfect' woman, so, perhaps, the cards are pointing out to the fact that you might want to pay more attention to yourself and your own femininity, to pamper yourself and to bring out the best of yourself before embarking on the search for a perfect partner. The Popess, to me, is a card of a lonely woman, much like the Hermit, and also an esoteric. Your deck might want you to spend more time and thought on it. :p 8 of Wands might be related to the 8 of Wands from your recent reading. It also speaks to me about consciously bringing balance into your life.

I usually read the Quint last and as a piece of advice. As such, I agree with your interpretation of Death here, you need to let go of the things that are no longer relevant. :)

Hope this helps you some. :) Good luck!

ETA: Love your signature verse! :D

That's a good idea to look at the base card first, thanks... I agree with you that the King of Cups probably represents my perfect partner (my idea of a perfect partner is a mature male water sign).

Oh yes, I forgot about The Empress being seen as the ideal woman and I agree with you about the advice here to get in touch with myself/my femininity a bit more first. And yes, I agree, The Popess might be suggesting that I stay on my own a little longer while I figure things out.

I'm going to read the 8 of Wands as Justice here and see it as advice about maintaining balance and control, especially of my emotions.

Yes, I'm glad you agree with me about the Death card. It's time to let go of stuff that no longer works.

I love this deck and really do trust that it's looking out for my best interests and giving me the best advice. Perhaps that's where the feeling of being cared for and protected came from?

Thanks very much for your help :)

Miss Woo

Card XIIII I am wondering if it refers to, the clock is ticking. :) life will continue regardless of our intentions.

I'm assuming you mean Card 13? :)

Yes, that's a good point... I definitely feel that the clock is ticking.

3ill.yazi

Yes. Big fingers. Tiny iPhone keys.