Medicine Woman anyone?

geministar

I have recently been gifted this deck and I love it.

I havent looked at it too much but the book with this deck looks really good to me and I dont think I can just pick up the cards and read them without going to the book.

Ive noticed there is no study group yet for the deck and before I start studying this deck myself I just thought I would check and see if there was any interest for a study group?

Im looking forward to seeing if anyone is interested.

blackstormhawk

I love this deck, and was using it long before I got a copy of the large format book ... the LWB tends to be pretty minimalist, as I recall.

I find the cards to be very easy to interpret without the book's help, although I vaguely recall that there are meditations or inner-work exercises associated with each card.

I find that the insights offered by the deck are presented very gently, but very strong in their impact. It's one of my favorite decks because of that.

I would enjoy participating in a study group for this lovely deck!

geministar

Hi Blackstormhawk,

Its looks like it could be just us studying this deck, at least to start with :)

Have you been using this deck long?

I find the cards to be very easy to interpret without the book's help, although I vaguely recall that there are meditations or inner-work exercises associated with each card.

Yes thats right, I was reading through the introduction of the book last night and for each card, this is an affirmation, a visualisation and a meditation. There is also an astrological sign associated with each card :)

I find that the insights offered by the deck are presented very gently, but very strong in their impact. It's one of my favorite decks because of that.

This is the feeling I got after reading through the introduction. I think it could end up being a very powerful deck for me.

What I also like about the deck is that each of the cards in the majors have a different name for e.g. the fool = the seed, the magician = Resources and the traditional name of the card is written in the top corner so you dont get confused.

There is also a difference in the suits. Coins are Stones, Wands are pipes, Swords are arrows and Cups are bowls.

So originally I was thinking of just drawing a card at random but now Im thinking of going through the majors in order. What do you think?

blackstormhawk

I think random draw and numerically are both good ways to approach a deck, but for my first pass I prefer numerical order. I do tend to be a bit orderly in my thinking at times, though. Is the deck giving you any particular hints in that regard?

I've had my Medicine Woman deck for a good long while, possibly 10 years or more. It's one of my "old faithful" standby decks.

Folks might perk up and participate once the study gets going too ... there's a lot of activity on this board, sometimes people miss new threads.

shamoness

Sounds Great

Hello Folks,
I just read your posts about the Medicine Woman Study Group. I would very much like to participate. I purchased this deck a few months back but have not had a good opportunity to get to know it. I was able to purchase the book to go with the deck a few weeks ago so I am ready. I had planned on getting into this deck on my own but a study group would be awesome.

Can't wait!
BB,
Beth

geministar

I think random draw and numerically are both good ways to approach a deck, but for my first pass I prefer numerical order. I do tend to be a bit orderly in my thinking at times, though. Is the deck giving you any particular hints in that regard?

Blackstormhawk, Im glad you like an orderly approach better because Im thinking that numerical order would be better for this deck ;)

Shamoness,

Im glad you found this thread and now that you have the book you can really get into it now :)

I think I might put up our first thread this weekend for 0 The Seed. Im getting really excited about studying this deck now after looking at more of the book last night :D

shamoness

The Seed

This will be such an interesting study. I'm glad we are going in numerical order. I agree that with this deck it makes sense. I'm going to read the section on the seed tomorrow morning. I hope you have the opportunity to put up the thread. I look forward to studying with you and sharing our insights.

Peace,

Shamoness

geministar

Thank you Sulis :)

Sorry I forgot to let you know that I started the thread on 0 Seed, I will try to remember for the next thread I open :)