Maroon Tarot TSG - The Chariot (Rydwan)

Gayla

http://www.kartytarota.pl/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=36&page=view&catid=1&PageNo=1&key=6&hit=1

It's the flowing cape of the Charioteer which catches my eye in the card and the strange design of the Chariot. Also, my eyes are drawn to what appears to be an owl flying in the background.

I see him as being on a mission of some sort....but where is he headed?

Notice how high up in the mountains he is flying. Similar to the Empress, the environment is set at a very high elevation.

The traditional meaning of the Chariot tend to be associated with words like victory, will, self assertion and control.

This particular card speak to me about serious intent and total focus on goals and objectives.

It's a card about staying on point.

TinkZ

The Chariot - Maroon Tarot

It is the red flowing cape that captures my attention first too. It makes me think of Julius Caesar, who would charge into battle at the head of his army seated on a white horse and wearing a red cape. It is my understanding that he did this in order to inspire his men – but for the ultimate purpose of bringing about what he was determined to accomplish. For me, Julius Caesar is definitely someone who exudes ambition, initiative, will power and the ability to control. The cape makes me think of that single-minded drive forward and that confidence in oneself to pilot one’s own ship, to shape one’s own destiny, to dare to take up the reins and fly.

Two things in the card seem to temper (or add layers) to that great energy or drive or strength of will. One is the “chariot” or vehicle that the figure is “driving.” Is the figure actually driving the chariot or is it on auto-pilot? Is he directing it and controlling its progress or is it taking him for a ride? This might serve to remind me that if our push forward is too intense we may lose sight of the original goal and be carried along by the momentum that our sense of purpose set into motion. We may get lost in our ambitions and actually lose control.

There does appear to be an owl in the distance; flying above the Chariot. This could serve to remind me that wisdom is there to guide the Chariot Driver if he will remember to look up. He might call the owl to him and confer with it. I might not want my Chariot to get too far in front of my owl!

Also, it does appear that the environment is very high up – this could serve to remind me that a Chariot ride is a very heavenly - and possibly heady – thing. It’s all about balance, I guess, in the end. Julius Caesar started out on a journey and maybe his ambition or ego (his Chariot?) ended up taking him for a ride – he may have forgotten to look for and listen to his owl; maybe he flew a bit too high?