Coloring the BOTA Tarot

Richard

This is not really an act of creation, but I didn't know where else to post it. As is well-known, the BOTA consists of line drawings which are supposed to be colored by the user, following P. F. Case's detailed coloring instructions. I finished The Fool today. Only twenty-one more Trumps to go.

Attachments

• botafool.jpg
    botafool.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 3,604

Cassandra022

Looks quite nice. What are you using to do the coloring?

GoldenWolf

Good job! Good choice for pencils too. Prismacolor had a lot of pigment and makes for vibrant colors.

Alta

Looks good. I also like the Prisma Colour pencils, and your shading is very well done.

rylla

VERY nicely done...

Richard

Wow! I appreciate all the comments. I've started work on The Magician. It has some tricky foliage.

Attachments

• botamagician.jpg
    botamagician.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,376

merissa_88

The color looks so even, I really like it. I'm reading P.F. Case's book now. I never realized how much info is packed into it.

I wonder if you are seeing these cards differently now that you are creating the colors for them. Which red or green? Things like that.

gregory

I coloured one once. By the time I finished I hated my work so much I had to buy a new b/w copy :(

Chronata

I coloured one once. By the time I finished I hated my work so much I had to buy a new b/w copy :(

Had the exact same issue! I wanted to change the colors...you know...just because I could. And then I realized that it's colored this way for a reason.