RWS Tarot 101 Ace of Swords

PAMUYA

Being new to tarot I want to take the time to explore each card and hear all the different interpretations, and opinions on the cards. Each of us has our own special insights and experiences which we can share and help each other grow in our knowledge of tarot. It is called tarot 101 because we are starting from the beginning, the basics and growing from there. I have read through previous threads and have tried to incorporate them into our discussions. Please feel free to join in, there is no right or wrong....let our imaginations/intuition take over and have fun.

Suit of Swords, element of Air: Mind/knowledge/choice/mental/rational/logical functions/struggle/conflict

Ace of Swords:

“I recognize this opportunity to discover the truth” Greer

When I look into the Ace Of Swords I see a hand coming out of the clouds firmly holding a sword. The tight grip tells me that it is focused to its truth, if the grip fails it may lead to illusion. Here is a tread on the hands coming from the clouds:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=60455 Aces-right/left hand

The sword points straight up piercing the crown of the material world, the wreaths of glory severed. There are 6 Yods, 3 on each side of the sword, showing balance. Yods-blessings or devine sparks emerging from the unknowable God, impulses to begin projects or a new way of life. Here is a couple of threads on Yods:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=21859 Yods Aces

There are stark mountains in the background. Mountains can stand for: triumph, challenge, attainment, realization, and abstract truth…). This is a quote I found in my notes about the Ace of Sword, but I am unable to recall from where I found this: “The bearer of the Sword determines whether he will wield it with clarity and truth of purpose, or with anger and aggression”. The blade can cut both ways. This card is telling me "Now is the Time to Act!".

Direct: Decision is or needs to be made, opportunity (use it or lose it), business success, strength, conquest, justice, time to act.

Reversed: Down turn in business, delay for opportunity, self destruction, caution when using power for gains, obstacles, tyranny, not ready or unwilling to make decisions, lies, slander.

rcb30872

ETA: due to the removal of the said link I was referring to, what I wrote here is no longer applicable :D

I don't really have much to say, perhaps new ideas, new concepts, new notions and new attitudes.

Psiweapon

Rather than "piercing" the crown, I'd say that the sword (intellect) is *crowned*: ¿Aren't aces quite positive cards, representing the element of the suit in their purest, initial spark? The fact that it's held by a hand coming out of the frickin clouds (that's gotta be the hand of the Big Boss Up There!) together with the crown suggests to me that this is divine intellect, reason at it's finest, the truthful, clear thought that appears suddenly in your conscience without any forewarning, or the capacity of clear judgement without prejudice... but probably without compassion, either - that's a cups thing.