the origin of tarot

Diana

That's a very very interesting table you posted, Eberhard.

Two potentiators in the Evolution of the Spirit..... that one makes me frown a little. (My Virgo mind. :D ).

This is a keeper. Thank you so much.

pan

thank you thats very fascinating.

Diana

Aha! I see that you have edited the table - there is now only one Potentiator! I suppose it was a typo.

Thank you! (Virgo mind gives a sigh of relief! :laugh: ).

Eberhard

The Law of One Summary, cont'd.

Sorry, 17--following the same scheme--is a Catalyst, of course. I've corrected it.

Interestingly, on the mind level, the "pure mind" (1), the consciousness only becomes productive when it actively reaches out and comes into contact with its potentiator (2), the wisdom aspect of the unconscious, waiting patiently.

On the body level there is a gender switch: the body per se (8) runs smoothly, but it needs some kind of informed wisdom (9) to aim at something.

On the sprit level (15) the main figure is androgynous, and awakening often is seen as a negative, unbalanced, demonic or sociopathic "personality change", it is activated by a lightening (16) out of a sudden ...

(By the way, Nathan Cate in his tarot novel Sanctuary of the Gods emphasizes the mongoloid face of the devil: holy madness.)

Catalysts are the frictions or problem zones which lead to experiences.

The Significator here is the main characteristic of its level, it is not seen as polar. The last two images of each level, Transformation and the Great Way, point to the "way beyond".

According to the Ra Material in the beginning the tarot was not represented by images but by an oral tradition, "story-telling" ...

The tarot was used as a training instrument. The learning sequence was:

1. Take the topical triples beginning with The Matrix 1/8/15 and discover their common characteristics and differences.

2. Take the polar pairs: Matrix/Potentiator, Catalyst/Experience, then the Significator always together with the Choice, then Transformation/Great Way:

1/2, 3/4, 5/0, 6/7
8/9, 10/11, 12/0, 13/14
15/16, 17/18, 19/0, 20/21

3. Meditate on each image on its own.