Enrique Enriquez interviews Ross S. Caldwell

le pendu

Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the most interesting interviews I've read in ages. Anyone who thinks that "tarot historians" are a bunch of crusty, boring folk will have that opinion exploded by the candour in this discussion. ENJOY:

http://www.enriqueenriquez.me/ (left column)

The Guided Hermit

I'm glad to see this here. Enrique had put this link in the advertising section of AT. Now it will get more coverage. It's a mindful read that's for certain.

Good stuff Enrique!

Bernice

le pendu said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the most interesting interviews I've read in ages. ......<snip>
Oh my, what an eye-opener!

A historian who's also been steeped in the esoteric is surely one to fully appreciate & understand the different approaches to Tarot. Many thanks for the link Le Pendu, made my day :)

Bee.

BlueFox

Interesting read indeed,

I'd like to talk to Caldwell if hes still around, his knowledge of the goetia and G.D. concurrently would be invaluable for my own advancement of knowledge.

Ross G Caldwell

le pendu said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the most interesting interviews I've read in ages. Anyone who thinks that "tarot historians" are a bunch of crusty, boring folk will have that opinion exploded by the candour in this discussion. ENJOY:

http://www.enriqueenriquez.me/ (left column)

Thanks Robert!

Enrique's overall point of view, artistically and tarotologically (I guess I just coined that word) is very interesting, and for me, inspiring. I think his Tarot practice is guided by the idea of aesthetics, or platonically, "the beautiful", hence many of his conversations are with artists.

He just wrote me to say that our conversation is so far the most popular he's done.

Ross G Caldwell

Bernice said:
Oh my, what an eye-opener!

A historian who's also been steeped in the esoteric is surely one to fully appreciate & understand the different approaches to Tarot. Many thanks for the link Le Pendu, made my day :)

Bee.

Glad you liked it Bee! Indeed, I felt at the time of Enrique's question that I should try to show a little bit of how much the occult has influenced my life - I would say shaped my life, in fact. Exactly for the reason you and Robert indicated. Even though I'm no longer a practitioner, it's not because I don't see any value in it - quite the contrary, I achieved what I set out to achieve - the practices worked! As someone who is probably - and justifiably - regarded as a curmudgeonly historian of Tarot, it was important to show that I know the other side as well - and Tarot history has no need to be based in fantastic tales. Occult Tarot is its own beast.

Ross G Caldwell

BlueFox said:
Interesting read indeed,

I'd like to talk to Caldwell if hes still around, his knowledge of the goetia and G.D. concurrently would be invaluable for my own advancement of knowledge.

Thanks BlueFox, glad you enjoyed it. Thank Enrique for instigating it!

Sure, whatever I can offer to help.

I forgot to mention some important things in my magickal life that should have been included in the story. Of course it is the story of a Thelemite, a particular path - yours might be different.