buckland romani

TarotWoman

I'm looking for a new deck to work with this summer, this is one I am seriously considering :)

Cerulean

I like the newer book with colored pictures

I do not have an older set, only the reprint...really like the reprint.

Perfect for summer picnics...

KristinCali

I didn't want to start a new thread about this, so I'll ask here, does anybody know if the card backs are the same for both editions? The 2000 Llewellyn and 2008 Galde versions?

karen0205

The backs are the same but the colors are slightly different.
The original is a little darker green, but they are basically the same design.

this is the first printing, it has rounded corners, the scan appears to have
straight corners but they are rounded on both editions

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 132

KristinCali

Thank you Karen.

Another question, is $49 a good price for the first edition deck with book? I'm not an expert at OOP decks but I've wanted this one for a long time!

karen0205

Yes, that's a good price depending on condition.
It's usually $100 or more for sealed.

KristinCali

They "say" it's like new. I think I'm gonna get it and find out! Thank you for your assistance :)

Le Fanu

They "say" it's like new. I think I'm gonna get it and find out! Thank you for your assistance :)
Double check it is the first edition if you're thinking of it as a "good" buy. $49 sounds like the standard price for the 2nd edition. If it's just the deck to use and not collectability you want, go for it. The 2nd edition doesn't have the scroll-like borders, just a blank, white strip at the bottom with the card title.

karen0205

Double check it is the first edition if you're thinking of it as a "good" buy. $49 sounds like the standard price for the 2nd edition. If it's just the deck to use and not collectability you want, go for it. The 2nd edition doesn't have the scroll-like borders, just a blank, white strip at the bottom with the card title.

LeFanu, I think you might be confusing it with BBCats? there aren't borders on either edition
I agree, it's probably the second edition.
Doesn't really matter, they are almost identical. I've had both and there's very slight differences,
not enough to pay for a first in my opinion unless you are a die-hard first edition collector.
If you are going to use it, I would buy a new second one just because I like new decks, lol.

here are a couple pictures, I think the only difference might be the white stripe across the bottom

The first is on the left, these aren't accurate as far as size, they weren't scanned at the
same time, also, there is no black border around the second, it was scanned with a
black background

Attachments

• 1 and 2.jpg
    1 and 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 138

KristinCali

@Le Fanu I'm aware of the differences and I talked to the seller to confirm it IS the first edition. I don't think he knows that he could get more for it. That's great for me :D

@karen When he said scroll-like borders I think he meant the titles. I caught on to what he was talking about.

I don't think I'm a collector... yet! Haha I use every deck I have and when I don't, I pass it along. So I hope this deck gives me good readings :)

Thank you both for your help.