Who would like a reprint, or a new edition, of the Rosetta?

Rose Lalonde

Whoops, I forgot this thread was here and posted a new one with Papyrus in the title... Mods, if you don't want a second thread about the same deck here, sorry, please delete...

Rose Lalonde

Rosetta unboxing

The Rosetta Papyrus Gold made it to my door after round-the-world shipping and Easter delay. I couldn't be happier! :D So much care and attention to detail again. And the cards look fantastic.

I'm so glad FLizarraga started this thread, other ATers were interested too, and that Babalon gave us a wonderful new edition in response! :royal:

Attachments

• rosetta_unbox_2_sm.jpg
    rosetta_unbox_2_sm.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 184
  • rosetta_cards_3_sm.jpg
    rosetta_cards_3_sm.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 183

Scarlet Woodland

Heee heeee :D

After researching pretty much every independent deck on the market to make absolutely, 100% sure that I've found "the one" (will be my last tarot purchase for some time)... I've splurged on the magnificent Rosetta.

I went with the non-gold Papyrus edition, despite grabby hands, as I actually like the contrast of the black inner border. The added bonus to that was I could also purchase the pocket version and the app which includes the full book, for less than the cost of the gold alone. I am ridiculously excited and already obsessed with the app.

Has anyone bought the new pocket version? Was assuming it would be the old version but the papyrus significator makes me think this is a mini papyrus? I'll be thrilled with either quite frankly.

Squeeee!

ETA: Eeek. Didn't realise the customised tin version of the pocket was still available on the Rosetta specific site shop. I've emailed them begging to switch to a custom tin with The Fool on so fingers crossed.

JylliM

As far as I know, the mini is still the original version. I have a customised tin with the Fool and it looks fantastic!

Heee heeee :D

After researching pretty much every independent deck on the market to make absolutely, 100% sure that I've found "the one" (will be my last tarot purchase for some time)... I've splurged on the magnificent Rosetta.

I went with the non-gold Papyrus edition, despite grabby hands, as I actually like the contrast of the black inner border. The added bonus to that was I could also purchase the pocket version and the app which includes the full book, for less than the cost of the gold alone. I am ridiculously excited and already obsessed with the app.

Has anyone bought the new pocket version? Was assuming it would be the old version but the papyrus significator makes me think this is a mini papyrus? I'll be thrilled with either quite frankly.

Squeeee!

ETA: Eeek. Didn't realise the customised tin version of the pocket was still available on the Rosetta specific site shop. I've emailed them begging to switch to a custom tin with The Fool on so fingers crossed.

Scarlet Woodland

As far as I know, the mini is still the original version. I have a customised tin with the Fool and it looks fantastic!

I looove that Fool. I think it might well be my favourite Fool card... and not just because I'm a sucker for anything with a tiger :D

Have dug out my thoroughly decrepit, but huge, HD tablet to get a real, close up look at the cards and I just keep falling more in love with this deck. Never ceases to amaze how you can like the look of a deck but not really give it a second thought until the time is right, then suddenly it becomes perfect. I've had a few do that to me before and they're all still in my top 10 :)

JylliM

I looove that Fool. I think it might well be my favourite Fool card... and not just because I'm a sucker for anything with a tiger :D

Have dug out my thoroughly decrepit, but huge, HD tablet to get a real, close up look at the cards and I just keep falling more in love with this deck. Never ceases to amaze how you can like the look of a deck but not really give it a second thought until the time is right, then suddenly it becomes perfect. I've had a few do that to me before and they're all still in my top 10 :)

Me too. Usually I hate the Fool in modern decks because they look like gormless idiots, but I love this one!

The Rosetta is a powerful deck, and the Papyrus edition is absolutely gorgeous. You made an excellent decision to buy it. :)

Scarlet Woodland

Me too. Usually I hate the Fool in modern decks because they look like gormless idiots, but I love this one!

The Rosetta is a powerful deck, and the Papyrus edition is absolutely gorgeous. You made an excellent decision to buy it. :)

:D I know just what you mean... I want the fool to be inspiring, not just a cautionary tale.

MM got back to me personally, right away and has switched pocket versions for me and STILL customised my significator. On top of that it shipped today! :party:

Time to start praying to the god of customs ;)

JylliM

:D I know just what you mean... I want the fool to be inspiring, not just a cautionary tale.

MM got back to me personally, right away and has switched pocket versions for me and STILL customised my significator. On top of that it shipped today! :party:

Time to start praying to the god of customs ;)

MM is a woman wonder. And lovely, to boot.

The customs god will surely cooperate, considering just what this parcel contains! :laugh:

Scarlet Woodland

Ooooh, has anyone edged their papyrus edition yet? My first instinct was to gild the edges gold but am thinking about antique linen instead. Definitely less chance of making a mess (those shimmer ones can squooge a bit) and could match the borders really well.