Ruler of 9th House In 3rd House

GoldenPhi

3rd and 9th houses are cadent houses so planets there would indicate "not much happening" one assumes as well

Minderwiz

3rd and 9th houses are cadent houses so planets there would indicate "not much happening" one assumes as well

The ninth is in a trine to the Ascendant, it's a house which is 'conducive to business'. The third is sextile the Ascendant and is also 'conducive to business' if only just. The other cadent houses, the sixth and twelfth are 'idle' places and are not good places to be. All cadent houses were associated with travel but only the ninth and third offer the chances of anything good resulting from it, which is why they are now the houses associated with it.

The definition of travel has also been widened because of other factors associated with the houses:. Thus the ninth aspiration with the Sun and 'God' lead to associations with religion,, philosophy and higher education.... travel of the soul.

GoldenPhi

The ninth is in a trine to the Ascendant, it's a house which is 'conducive to business'. The third is sextile the Ascendant and is also 'conducive to business' if only just. The other cadent houses, the sixth and twelfth are 'idle' places and are not good places to be. All cadent houses were associated with travel but only the ninth and third offer the chances of anything good resulting from it, which is why they are now the houses associated with it.

The definition of travel has also been widened because of other factors associated with the houses:. Thus the ninth aspiration with the Sun and 'God' lead to associations with religion,, philosophy and higher education.... travel of the soul.
Travel then was considered a form of "idleness" I suppose because travellers are not working/earning a living? Although people do travel for business reasons these days - so maybe ruler of tenth in third could be indicative of someone who travels for business reasons although it could not bode well for career prospects because of the third being considered as "only just" "conducive to business"?

So what if the ruler of tenth were in the third while ruler of third were angular, that could boost the ruler of the tenth to have more of an ability to "do business" - IF the two planets were in aspect? So ruler of third would support the ruler of tenth to do business and the career prospects would be better although still not that good due to ruler of tenth being cadent?

And if ruler of third were in one of the other three cadent houses (with ruler of 10th in third) - seems to me the career would most likely be just mundane working for others in a service capacity if ruler of third were in the 6th for example. Is my thinking along the right tracks?

CosmicBeing

Just a thought that popped in my head.

if ruler of 9th (a guru) is in 3rd house (rules communications as well). It might indicate someone who preaches...like a minister. Just a thought.

Minderwiz

Travel then was considered a form of "idleness" I suppose because travellers are not working/earning a living? Although people do travel for business reasons these days - so maybe ruler of tenth in third could be indicative of someone who travels for business reasons although it could not bode well for career prospects because of the third being considered as "only just" "conducive to business"?

So what if the ruler of tenth were in the third while ruler of third were angular, that could boost the ruler of the tenth to have more of an ability to "do business" - IF the two planets were in aspect? So ruler of third would support the ruler of tenth to do business and the career prospects would be better although still not that good due to ruler of tenth being cadent?

And if ruler of third were in one of the other three cadent houses (with ruler of 10th in third) - seems to me the career would most likely be just mundane working for others in a service capacity if ruler of third were in the 6th for example. Is my thinking along the right tracks?

Idle is a translation from the ancient Greek. As usual some nuances are lost. Idleness here means not being able to fulfil your goals, or a planet not being able to realise its symbolism, either in whole or part. Thus you may indeed travel, with a twelfth house placement but you might not achieve the aim of your journey. You might be captured by pirates or lose your passport and money or be by a rhinoceros (large animal) or suffer some other misfortune.

In the sixth you might end up enslaved by the locals... physically you would be working hard but not towards your own ends but towards those of your captors. The sixth might also see you suffer an accident or illness that prevents you doing what you want.