What significator/s do i use ?

Sharla

If im asking about if my ex is going to get married in march.

Then im 1st, he's 7th, and the marriage is 7th from 7th ? But then this makes it 1st same as me.

Infact this is now going to be his 2nd marriage as he's been married before.....so would this be his 9th house, being derived 3rd ? If so maybe that's why the lord 3 was so significant in the previous chart regarding him.

Barleywine

I don't do much relationship work with horary, but did pick this up from John Frawley:

1. Querent gets Lord 1 and the Moon
2. Person asked about gets Lord 7
3. Whether they are querent or quesited, the man gets the Sun and the woman gets Venus (as co-significator) - UNLESS they have already been claimed under points 1 and 2 (above).

I don't see anything about the Lord of the derived 7th house here. Also, he appears to be talking about the man and the woman as a couple, which doesn't seem to apply in this case, so maybe co-significator is irrelevant.

Sharla

I don't do much relationship work with horary, but did pick this up from John Frawley:

1. Querent gets Lord 1 and the Moon
2. Person asked about gets Lord 7
3. Whether they are querent or quesited, the man gets the Sun and the woman gets Venus (as co-significator) - UNLESS they have already been claimed under points 1 and 2 (above).

I don't see anything about the Lord of the derived 7th house here. Also, he appears to be talking about the man and the woman as a couple, which doesn't seem to apply in this case, so maybe co-significator is irrelevant.

Thanks Barleywine, yes ive got John Frawleys book too.

In the chart ive cast, im already moon being cancer rising...so i get moon, and venus (if im using this too)

Im then looking to see if my ex will end up marrying still in march....as another chart has indicated (going on a different question) that this may not be the case anymore, which is why i've cast another one to confirm.

Just not sure what significator to use for marriage....or if to even leave myself out of the chart as im not asking about myself, and to use him as 1st and marriage as 7th. :confused:

Also just checked the ephemeris and venus goes rx on the 4th march and is rx all the way through....so its not really a great month to be getting married anyway.

Minderwiz

I think your question boils down to will X (your ex) marry Y (his current fiancee). You are not invoved in the question, you play the role of the Astrologer.

In this case, give X the Ascendant and his fiancee gets the Descendant. As they are engaged you really do need clear strong evidence that they won't get married, from the chart in order to reach a 'No' answer. The default is that they will get married.

And yes, you can assign Venus to her and the Sun to him. The question meets the traditional requirements, as it's a marriage.

Sharla

I think your question boils down to will X (your ex) marry Y (his current fiancee). You are not invoved in the question, you play the role of the Astrologer.

In this case, give X the Ascendant and his fiancee gets the Descendant. As they are engaged you really do need clear strong evidence that they won't get married, from the chart in order to reach a 'No' answer. The default is that they will get married.

And yes, you can assign Venus to her and the Sun to him. The question meets the traditional requirements, as it's a marriage.

Thanks Minderwiz, was thinking it maybe this.

Im going to post the chart anyway....but while im working through it, what would be the testimonies for "a marriage" going ahead ?

Im thinking....strong mutual reception between both x and y significators, and any planets in the 7th house.

Anything else i should be looking for ?

Ronia

Thanks Minderwiz, was thinking it maybe this.

Im going to post the chart anyway....but while im working through it, what would be the testimonies for "a marriage" going ahead ?

Im thinking....strong mutual reception between both x and y significators, and any planets in the 7th house.

Anything else i should be looking for ?

Why would you even bother with mutual reception or planets in the 7th? They are engaged I understand. You need a yes or no, will the marriage happen? An applying aspect of any kind except opposition will deliver. Moon will deliver. Translation/collection of light will deliver. An opposition may require looking for reception (not necessarily mutual) but with them being engaged, something extraordinary, some strong interference must be in the chart to say "no" to the marriage.

Sharla

Why would you even bother with mutual reception or planets in the 7th? They are engaged I understand. You need a yes or no, will the marriage happen? An applying aspect of any kind except opposition will deliver. Moon will deliver. Translation/collection of light will deliver. An opposition may require looking for reception (not necessarily mutual) but with them being engaged, something extraordinary, some strong interference must be in the chart to say "no" to the marriage.

Well obviously mutual reception would show if they wanted this still or not....(or more so my ex).

Planets in 7th are also significant in regards to a 7th house question, with the way i read my charts.

I know about looking for applying aspects.

Ronia

Well obviously mutual reception would show if they wanted this still or not....(or more so my ex).

Planets in 7th are also significant in regards to a 7th house question, with the way i read my charts.

I know about looking for applying aspects.

If they are engaged it is not necessary to have reception at all. What you need is to see very strong interference with an already planned marriage. Reception is helpful when proofs are on the negative. It is a reinforcement, so to speak. If those two had had major fights or some of them cheated and was caught and the engagement was almost called off, sure but in this case, do you have any proof they are on the verge of breaking up? That's the point.

Sharla

If they are engaged it is not necessary to have reception at all. What you need is to see very strong interference with an already planned marriage. Reception is helpful when proofs are on the negative. It is a reinforcement, so to speak. If those two had had major fights or some of them cheated and was caught and the engagement was almost called off, sure but in this case, do you have any proof they are on the verge of breaking up? That's the point.

Ive got proof in my gut.....and cards also.

Plus in a previous chart i did asking about his feelings for me, (as my good friend pageofswords :heart: told me she had a feeling he wanted me back) going by what id told her. Uranus was right on the 7th/8th cusp then directly after an opposition with uranus he moved into my 1st house .....hence this next chart today.

Ronia

Ive got proof in my gut.....and cards also.

Plus in a previous chart i did asking about his feelings for me, (as my good friend pageofswords :heart: told me she had a feeling he wanted me back) going by what id told her. Uranus was right on the 7th/8th cusp then directly after an opposition with uranus he moved into my 1st house .....hence this next chart today.

Your chart definitely speaks of the marriage happening, to me. I am also a card reader but there is zero proof in the horary that he has any thoughts of not marrying her. For now. No one knows everything in the future but the chart is descriptive.