I am a believer

Azarial

I am officially a believer in the Doreen Virtue oracle decks. I had a rather strange occurance with the cards, though I really have no idea at all what the cards are refering to. Hopefully in time that will become clear to me.

Anyway, here is what happened. Earlier in the day I used Archangel Oracle. I drew "Relationship Harmony". Well, I pretty much blew the reading off as maybe I wasn't focusing well enough or connecting with the angels at that time because I couldn't think of any area where I was having this particular problem with someone for my prayers to be answered. Then later in the day I took out my Healing With The Angels Oracle, and what do you know? I pull out "Harmony" out of that deck as well.

It's quite obvious that the angels are trying to tell me something about a relationship that I am involved in that has been healed, but for the life of me I have no idea what relationship that is! But anyway, my point was I never really put a whole lot of stock in the Doreen Virtue decks I don't know why, I just never did. I suppose maybe because all of the cards are so fluffy, and there are no negative cards. But doing those two readings today I can definately now see that there is something to her decks. I just wanted to share my story.

Seed Crystal

Just cuz it's fluffy doesn't make it 100% wrong.

Unless you're Goth. And then - who cares? (I Loved the South Park show on Goths. Maybe because once I wore black a lot. Even in summer.)

PS No Goths were harmed in the making of this smile :D

Azarial

Oh I agree with you. I just had a hard time seeing how a deck that only hits on the light and never the dark could be very accurate.

6 Haunted Days

Seed Crystal said:
Just cuz it's fluffy doesn't make it 100% wrong.

Unless you're Goth. And then - who cares? (I Loved the South Park show on Goths. Maybe because once I wore black a lot. Even in summer.)

PS No Goths were harmed in the making of this smile :D

Fluffy doesn't mean it's 100% wrong, but being 100% fluffy makes one so very very wrong.....100% of the time :p

franniee

6 Haunted Days said:
Fluffy doesn't mean it's 100% wrong, but being 100% fluffy makes one so very very wrong.....100% of the time :p

OH YES!!!! 1000% of the TIME!

Alta

The Virtue decks can give a good answer if the answer is something positive. But otherwise they just give nonsense answers. In my mind this doesn't make it much of an oracle.

6 Haunted Days

Marion said:
The Virtue decks can give a good answer if the answer is something positive. But otherwise they just give nonsense answers. In my mind this doesn't make it much of an oracle.

Yes I agree. Mine just sit around rarely used. The art is so uneven, why does she use so many different artist's? And I end up liking 10 or so cards from each deck. The best one of hers was the Healing with the Fairies, and even that is very sugary. Also her writing style, no depth.

room

The only deck of hers I had was the Goddess Guidance Oracle. I found it more suitable for card-a-day draws and just learning about different goddesses.

I liked the art but I recently traded it. More because goddesses and angels and such aren't my kind of thing.

It seemed to be a well produced deck. I agree that the writing was somewhat basic but as an entrance to goddess study it seemed interesting.

You could draw a card and then look up further information online or from books and the art was nice enough for a nice card to display for a while.

Maybe the single card approach would work well for others who find her work odd when approached as an oracle?

Azarial

I agree, her decks would be good for a card a day readings.

Briar Rose

Yes, why just this morning, without reading your thread first, Arazial, I pulled out my , "Godesses" oracle deck out and out it on the breakfast table for my daily card. I also have , "Healing With the Angels" that works very well.

You are right, her deck gives straight forward good answers.