Celtic Shaman's Pack--2015 Edition--The Good and the BAD

Mi-Shell

No but really, do you do the exercice as suggested? With the drums and the circle of stones around you and all???? What is this???

YES I do, I get out one of my 60 plus frame drums and drum a Theta trance rhythm and then I can easily journey to wherever Chesca directs us in these guided shamanic journeys.
But then I am a working practising shaman/ healer (siberian ancestry...) and do this kind of thing for and often with my patients in order to help and heal.......
Chesca Potter is, what one nowadays calls a shamanic practitioner following and exploring a constitutionalist path of neolithic and pre-Christian Celtic form of shamanism inspired by the lore and legends of the British Isles and northern Europe.
this deck explores where she has journeyed and guides the users to follow in her footsteps.

As Le Fanu mentioned, this is not reallllly a deck for divination, although, once I/ you did successfully journeyed to the guided to places and met the Beingsof the cards in these journeys, have conversations with them and so on, the cards, then will all of a sudden "open up" for you with a deeply profound personal meaning and deliver concrete information that you can also use in divining.

Michellehihi

YES I do, I get out one of my 60 plus frame drums and drum a Theta trance rhythm and then I can easily journey to wherever Chesca directs us in these guided shamanic journeys.
But then I am a working practising shaman/ healer (siberian ancestry...) and do this kind of thing for and often with my patients in order to help and heal.......
Chesca Potter is, what one nowadays calls a shamanic practitioner following and exploring a constitutionalist path of neolithic and pre-Christian Celtic form of shamanism inspired by the lore and legends of the British Isles and northern Europe.
this deck explores where she has journeyed and guides the users to follow in her footsteps.

As Le Fanu mentioned, this is not reallllly a deck for divination, although, once I/ you did successfully journeyed to the guided to places and met the Beingsof the cards in these journeys, have conversations with them and so on, the cards, then will all of a sudden "open up" for you with a deeply profound personal meaning and deliver concrete information that you can also use in divining.
I have to go visit you so you can teach me...I really was interested but I am at lost on how to do it alone.

cynthea

Another edition? MAR 2017?

I just saw a post and picture about this set, so I searched this on Amazon, and only an older edition shows available from 3rd party only. The 2015 edition does not even come up. Then, I went to book depository, and became even more confused! They have one titled Celtic Shaman's Pack 2015, but then under publishing date states Mar 2017. I contacted them about this discrepancy since it also states available to ship. I did not yet know there was a 2015 edition. I went back to Amazon, and searched with the new ISBN from Book depository and only the older 1996 edition shows. I sent an item comment, since the older edition is shown in results when searching the 2017 ISBN edition! Then, I decided to check Barnes and Nobles ( I was on the hunt), and they have the 2017 edition available as Preorder for even less than book depository! But, I need to spend $25 for free shipping and this item is $14.96. I hope Amazon will add it soon.... I then decided to search for more information on this pack and discovered this post :) I am wondering if this 2017 edition was created to solve the card issues....

banbha

I just did a similar search because I saw this thread and had no idea that Chesca's Shaman's Pack had been reprinted or ever would be!

The 2017 date doesn't make a whole lot of sense if Book Depository is shipping it so that's curious. I tried checking with the publisher but they don't have much of a website.

Here's an Amazon USA link (from the first page of this thread).

https://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Shama...8953&sr=1-1&keywords=celtic+shamans+pack+2015

Asher

I just picked up a copy of the original edition, published by Element, at my local used bookstore today! It is in pristine condition; the book looks as if it has never been opened. The cards were unwrapped and out of order, but all there. They are sturdy with a nice matte finish. Chesca's artwork is amazing! And this beautiful set was only $10!

I'm happy the set is still in print so that other fans of Chesca's art will be able to work with it. I am so glad I went to the bookstore today!

McFaire

I just picked up a copy of the original edition, published by Element, at my local used bookstore today! It is in pristine condition; the book looks as if it has never been opened. The cards were unwrapped and out of order, but all there. They are sturdy with a nice matte finish. Chesca's artwork is amazing! And this beautiful set was only $10!

Oooh, nice catch! That must have been a rush :)

cynthea

NEW 2017 EDITION??

Amazon has a March 1, 2017 edition by Connections Book Publishing. Is this different than the 2015 edition? Now I am real confused. I can find the older edition on Amazon and Ebay (Red/Orange box-Elements publisher) but cannot find the 2015 edition. Amazon has all the reviews for all editions on both listings:(
Advice- New edition vs older version? which should I buy??

Thanks everyone :)
PS just saw I made a somewhat similar post in Nov 2016 LOL before Amazon had this available! I forgot I have been interested in this set for awhile!