Incense

HearthCricket

Hathor said:
Oh Boy Hearth ! You're on a roll ! Just wait till you burn that Jasmine incense ! It's awesome ! You are no longer an incense virgin ! I am almost afraid to suggest other fragrances by other companies that I am sure you will love. You'll go mad... Yep, you've been snared. He he !

LOL But I don't even know exactly what Myrrh smells like. And the idea of rose incense is exciting. I am realizing I love having a mix of choices. Anything from Nag, Chandan, Frankincense, etc., to florals like lavender, rose, jasmine (might burn this tonight while watching Rome!). I like it to smell exotic in here! Maybe I lived in the Middle East or Asia in another life. I seem to be very much at home with incense burning daily!

Hathor

HearthCricket said:
LOL But I don't even know exactly what Myrrh smells like. And the idea of rose incense is exciting. I am realizing I love having a mix of choices. Anything from Nag, Chandan, Frankincense, etc., to florals like lavender, rose, jasmine (might burn this tonight while watching Rome!). I like it to smell exotic in here! Maybe I lived in the Middle East or Asia in another life. I seem to be very much at home with incense burning daily!

Woo hoo ! Oh my if you like florals there is an amazing incense called Orchids by Sri Satyanarayana Parimala Factory, and the Black Blossom by Satya will be sure to please. I am just now burning Creamy Musk by Satya, delicious ! I've been burning incense for over 25 years, and presently have at least 50 different incenses which I keep in a very special bin. I tell you I am excited for you !!

Hathor

Oh ! And if you like Cedar, you must try Cedar by Auroshikha, their Lemongrass is yummy too ! I had better stop now, getting carried away and I will definitely overwhelm you.

HearthCricket

Exactly how do you store your incense? I have my boxes mostly in ziplock bags to keep them fresh, and then in a saltglaze crock so I can always see what I am pulling out or what I have, what I am getting low on.

I think I need another crock. :D :party: :D

Vixxia

HeavensVault said:
He carries the Wildberry, Vixxia. About 50 different kinds of sticks and cones of it. I got 10 sticks of the heather. Wildberry burns with more smoke the guy said bc it has more natural oils. Is this true?

As far as I can remember Wild Berry uses natural oils, but I know that the scent is stronger than most incense sticks as they use a lot more oil than is usual, and I'm guessing that may well cause more smoke too. I tend to only burn the sticks a half at a time, as my room is really small and the scent fills it very quickly. :)

Hathor

HearthCricket said:
Exactly how do you store your incense? I have my boxes mostly in ziplock bags to keep them fresh, and then in a saltglaze crock so I can always see what I am pulling out or what I have, what I am getting low on.

I think I need another crock. :D :party: :D

I keep my incense in a wooden chest, but I also keep some in a plastic bin with those blue covers; that one I keep inside my other chest with my tarot decks. All my decks smell heavenly. Good incense has a shelf life of 2 - 3 years and it doesn't really need to be kept in plastic. The resins and gum in well made incense is hearty and durable and will keep for years once the natural oils and perfumes are absorbed. Sooo, your crock is perfect for storing your incense.

Promise

Right now, I'm burning Hem Sea Breeze and I just love it! It's so refreshing and calming!

I've ordered some Orange Spice cones from an Etsy seller, which seemed like a strange choice for me; Orange Spice sounds like a cold-weather incense, but it sounded yummy to me! Plus it's been a long time since I burned cones, and I kind of miss them!

It seems like my room doesn't feel like "mine" unless I've got some kind of incense burning!

Mirabella

I always burn either vanilla or lavender.

HearthCricket

Hathor said:
I keep my incense in a wooden chest, but I also keep some in a plastic bin with those blue covers; that one I keep inside my other chest with my tarot decks. All my decks smell heavenly. Good incense has a shelf life of 2 - 3 years and it doesn't really need to be kept in plastic. The resins and gum in well made incense is hearty and durable and will keep for years once the natural oils and perfumes are absorbed. Sooo, your crock is perfect for storing your incense.

Yes, I definitely need to make room for incense in my tarot drawers! They need to get smelly! :D

We ended up burning some Sandalwood by Tulasi. Not bad! I found it about equal to Hem. But tomorrow is Jasmine day!

firefrost

Le Fanu said:
What a great thread, why didn´t I discover this thread earlier...? I have to laugh at all these comments about Nag Champ, because Im one of those like starlightex´s work-colleagues who had never smelt Nag before until recently...

In fact, I only became familiar with the smell of Nag Champa after doing various trades with firefrost :D :D :D Everything I have received from firefrost is soaked in the fumes of Nag... The smell never goes... Ive learnt to like this smell....I get wafts of it still and it´s like having a friendly phantom in the house. LOL

Oh dear - *blushing*!

Perhaps it's time to be really serious about trying something different...

Frankincense is beautiful. Must admit, a few of these here sound very good...