Incense

littlestar

Lilija said:
I really want to try rosewood in the pellets I'm going to try soon. It sounds really fitting for what I want to do. Only, my herb place doesn't seem to have rosewood. Does it smell rosey? Could rose petals, and say sandalwood stand in?

I love the smell of roses and bought some rose incense and it smelt so bad. I thought i was going to be sick. Not sure what else it had in it but i wont be in a hurry to buy that one again LOL

blackroseivy

Try Prasad - it is WONDERFUL for rose!! :D "Celestial Midnight Rose" is my fave, but they have regular rose if that's too heavy. I am a rose NUT... :D

ETA: RoseWOOD is NOT "Rose". It is the WOOD, NOT the blossom. ;)

starlightexp

littlestar said:
I love the smell of roses and bought some rose incense and it smelt so bad. I thought i was going to be sick. Not sure what else it had in it but i wont be in a hurry to buy that one again LOL

Ummmmm it's not really a rose scent. It's kind of a tangy woody note. (Man trying to discribe a sound....) It for me is a little like Murfy's Oil soap but a bit softer. It has a nice clean scent to it, but adding a floral note to it like rose or jasmine really hightens the sent of the flower.

firefrost

Forgot to say earlier, about the soap...cut the block in half, and spread the smell! :D

starlightexp

So I guess I'm the only one in my WHOLE office building that ever smelled Nag, go figure. I guess no one else smoked pot as a teenager

Lilija

starlightexp said:
Ummmmm it's not really a rose scent. It's kind of a tangy woody note. (Man trying to discribe a sound....) It for me is a little like Murfy's Oil soap but a bit softer. It has a nice clean scent to it, but adding a floral note to it like rose or jasmine really hightens the sent of the flower.

Ahh, gotcha, thanks. Well, I'm not including Murphy's Oil Soap in my handmade incense (maybe for spring cleaning :p) and I can't imagine any other substitute. I'll wind up going with my original plan of copal, sage, and honey. You described it so nicely, though, I'm gonna make it my business to find some actual rosewood. I like the scent of Murphys!

firefrost

starlightexp said:
So I guess I'm the only one in my WHOLE office building that ever smelled Nag, go figure. I guess no one else smoked pot as a teenager

Umm...Neither did I.

autumnsdaughter

My long time favorite is Ambrosia by Incense from India. It smells much like Nag Champa, but it has an extra something that is just addicting. Absolutely delicious smell, cheap, and lingers for a very long time. Ahhh. :)

firefrost

Hmmm...Not heard of that. *Writes it down, to go on hunt*.

starlightexp

Lilija said:
Ahh, gotcha, thanks. Well, I'm not including Murphy's Oil Soap in my handmade incense (maybe for spring cleaning :p) and I can't imagine any other substitute. I'll wind up going with my original plan of copal, sage, and honey. You described it so nicely, though, I'm gonna make it my business to find some actual rosewood. I like the scent of Murphys!

Ooooo Copal and sage. I might have to drop a bit on the coals when I get home and smell that. Maybe a drop of Oud oil added to it. . . mmmmmmm that's Good Smells