Incense

sagewriter

Original Nag Champa is on top of my list. But I love the scents my Auroshika, in particular Raindrops, Myrrh, Opium and African Violets. Any brand in Myrrh is a sure thing for me though!

starlightexp

For me anything with an amber base will get my vote.

littlestar

I just burnt some peach incense and never again, almost as bad as the rose.

Lilija

Copal and Sage is very cleansing, to smell. It's a little mineral, very fresh and green.

Amber is my favorite, also. I wear a few amber pieces, I keep a huge unset cabochon on my desk, and I wear a great amber paste scent. It's so rich, sweet, earthy, and wonderful.

littlestar

Sage is good, love the smell of that!

starlightexp

littlestar said:
I just burnt some peach incense and never again, almost as bad as the rose.

Ewwww that just sounds kinda nasty. I've never been one for fruit scents just because I know some of the chemical compounds they use in fragrance oils are the same as are found in gas bombs and insecticides

HearthCricket

I thought I would bump this thread as I have been using some new incense, lately. I still love my Nag Champa and Midnight, finally have warmed up to Super Hit and love that it gives of very little smoke. I am now smitten with Hem. I am burning Precious Chanda (?) and absolutely love it. I also bought some sandalwood and will have to try that another day. I really like Hem and the pureness of their scents!

rosebud_a320

I love Nag Champa and have recently tried Sandal incense which is wonderful for setting the right atmosphere for Tarot reading.

Milfoil

I'm not too keen on the sickly-sweet indian type incenses but some of the Japanese ones are lovely.

However, for the most part I burn Rosemary. I have a massive Rosemary shrub outside my front door so its part of the family you might say.

If you want to try it, pick 2 or 3 sprigs about 6 inches long. Let them dry for a couple of days, then bind them together (not too tight) with cotton or fine twine. Embroidery thread is nice. Then leave them for a few months to really dry out. If they are not fully dry they don't burn and smell odd but when dry its just lovely. Well, I think so . . .