Lithomancy or crystals divination resources

Minotauro

hello , I was just wonderinf about what are the best books and or webpages about it

in case you dont know what lithomancy is is a form of divination by which the future is told using stones or the reflected light from said stones.

basicly each stone or gem has a meaning as we all know , rose quarts love beauty etc. and depending on where it falls in a, lets say, a circle and what position it has to other gems , you gain some insight , much like tarot or rune casting.

I was wondering if someone with more knowledge of experience could help with the books or webpages , or if perhaps someon has come up wit their own method , thats how I was doing it and then I found out it alredy existed! XD lol

I've seen a couple of books on amazon , but I dont know wich one to buy etc.

so , anyone? I really hope there are others interested in this , but maybe there arent X)

celticnoodle

there are a few people here on A.T. who have done this sort of divination, I remember, but I don't recall who. It seems like a fascinating way to divine, too. I unfortunately cannot think of anything that may help you at this posting, but if I can remember anything, I'll come back and let ya know. you may have to be patient for others to see this though and perhaps doing a search for it here will help too. good luck!

cardlady22

Searches for lithomancy or gemstone will be most effective in the Divination forum. Chronata and Mellaenn are the first 2 people who come to mind in terms of threads, etc. I think franniee did too. Here's a great summarizing post by Joermit:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=997299&postcount=6

13 is an average number of stones for a kit. People will associate with them with various things like astrology planets/signs, chakras, etc. A set I assembled for myself has 16 stones. Others have 22 (for each of the Major Arcana) as suggested in Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic.

My introduction to the concept was stumbling across this site:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/divination.htm

http://www.crystalvaults.com/pages/divination_crystals.php shows a simple method.

My first book on the subject was Ursula Markham's Fortune-Telling By Crystals And Semiprecious Stones; Aquarian Press 1987 ~ It is unique because the inside covers have full color photos of the stones from her compiled set.

The Crystal Tree by Kelynda uses the Tree of Life as a board/spread.

There was another lady Chrissie Sheldon who had a website and books/kits called The Crystal Arcana.
http://web.archive.org/web/20020423...com/products/arcana1/original_arcana_kit.html
I've attached a few screenshots from her old eBay listing. Unfortunately, they seem to be unavailable now

Attachments

• CAseries.jpg
    CAseries.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 662
  • CAtext36.jpg
    CAtext36.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 772

Minotauro

there are a few people here on A.T. who have done this sort of divination, I remember, but I don't recall who. It seems like a fascinating way to divine, too. I unfortunately cannot think of anything that may help you at this posting, but if I can remember anything, I'll come back and let ya know. you may have to be patient for others to see this though and perhaps doing a search for it here will help too. good luck!

just knowing Im not alone is great! XD I had never heard of it until recently like I said I naively though I was the first to think of it lol

Im actually gonna try to combine them with tarot!

Minotauro

Searches for lithomancy or gemstone will be most effective in the Divination forum. Chronata and Mellaenn are the first 2 people who come to mind in terms of threads, etc. I think franniee did too. Here's a great summarizing post by Joermit:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=997299&postcount=6

13 is an average number of stones for a kit. People will associate with them with various things like astrology planets/signs, chakras, etc. A set I assembled for myself has 16 stones. Others have 22 (for each of the Major Arcana) as suggested in Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic.

My introduction to the concept was stumbling across this site:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/divination.htm

http://www.crystalvaults.com/pages/divination_crystals.php shows a simple method.

My first book on the subject was Ursula Markham's Fortune-Telling By Crystals And Semiprecious Stones; Aquarian Press 1987 ~ It is unique because the inside covers have full color photos of the stones from her compiled set.

The Crystal Tree by Kelynda uses the Tree of Life as a board/spread.

There was another lady Chrissie Sheldon who had a website and books/kits called The Crystal Arcana.
http://web.archive.org/web/20020423...com/products/arcana1/original_arcana_kit.html
I've attached a few screenshots from her old eBay listing. Unfortunately, they seem to be unavailable now
OH CARDLADY you're wonderfull! XD

I loved your post and it took me a while to see through it all , and saw from another post of you from another thread this link wich is great too http://www.crystal-cure.com/gemstone-divination.html

and I loved your interpretations , Im not sure as to how Im gonna go about this I kinda had started a kit myself without any books , and I want to use many many crystals and draw them ( or let the sitter draw them) without looking. kind of how you'd use runes , or draw tarot cards , as we usualy unconciously pick the crystals we need, so in your opinion wich book would have the most gemstones/meanings , or should I search from several sourcer? or so they ussualy use the same gemstones?

OH and opne mor thing...

the humbers you asigned to each cryastals in your own method , those are the chakras right?

lol sorry I dont know much about them Im not sure if those are seven

EDIT!: AND THAT ARCANA KIT SOUNDED WONDERFULL! DX

Minotauro

Oh, this would be most interesting! They have done something like this with tarot and scents/perfume oils in Experimental Techiques.
yesssss , but perhps in a few more months or so after I at least get the hang of lithomancy by itself XD

cardlady22

EDIT!: AND THAT ARCANA KIT SOUNDED WONDERFUL! DX
I found the quick reference printout I did ages ago. The computer it was on died a few years back. :laugh:

Chrissie Sheldon's Crystal Arcana divination kits
* means Original; the others were in the Expanded/Subtle Meanings

*amethyst quartz - spirituality, religion, change
*apache tear - restriction, discipline, courage
*aquamarine - logic, clear thinking, skeptic
amazonite - ideas, honesty, mastery
amber - new beginnings, inspiration, perfection in one's field
apatite - intellect, communication, nature
azurite - patience, truth, small revolutionary changes
*banded agate(apricot) - study, writer, musician
black obsidian - discomfort, physical problems, warning
Brazil agate(dk orange/brown) - awakening, disruption, independence
bornite(peacock ore) - justice, business, legal/professional affairs
*blue lace agate - female(young), newness
blue chalcedony - charity, endurance, fair business tactics
*brecciated jasper - male(young, virility
*carnelian - ideas, concepts, new/startling energy
chevron amethyst - organization, military, need to categorize
*chrysocolla - worry, lack of confidence
chrysoprase - activity, time for new decisions
*clear quartz - innocence, vulnerability, openness
*citrine quartz - joy, optimism, greed
dumortierite - balance, self-discipline, tidiness
*dk green aventurine - fear of rejection, an unsuccessful area of life
*dendritic agate(tree) - loyalty, satisfaction, good outcome
emerald - passion, art, young wife/mother
epidote(olive green) - fertility, marriage, growth in marriage
*fluorite - great talent, disappointment, artistic temperament
garnet - initiation, regeneration, prosperity
*geode(opening facing up) - outgoing, sensitive/psychic; (down) - something to hide, introverted
goldstone - exploration, originality, thinking Big
green calcite - mental anguish, negative communication
*green moss agate - prosperity, improvement, end of anxiety/anger
green quartz - prosperity, success, relief from stress
*grey Botswana agate - unexpected good news, income(unearned)
hawk's eye - serenity, peace, abundance
*hematite - stability, siblings, communication
honey calcite - routine, ritual
howlite - calm, awareness, communication
jade - faith, material wealth, tranquility
jadeite(nephrite) - fortitude, metal strength, standing your ground
kunzite - compassion, passive, gentleness
lapis lazuli - wisdom, growth, spiritual teacher
lepidolite - leadership, executive, will power
lt green aventurine - creativity, personal growth, opportunities
*labradorite - move, lifestyle change, occult influences
moonstone - woman(lover or mother), sharing
*magnetite - physical strength, forging through a problem, tenacity
*malachite - partnerships, loyalty, creative power
pink agate(pink-grey) - nostalgia, past friends, regression
pink Botswana agate(banded) - challenge, luck/winning, friendship into romance
pink moss agate(speckled) - goals, liberation, independence
*petrified wood - legal matters, contract for work
*picture/fancy jasper - exuberance, delight, happiness
*pyrite - caution, distrust, needs careful thought
red calcite - negative ego, will power
*red jasper - need for control, strong emotions(jealous/anger), sex
*red tiger's eye - intelligence, practicality, stability
rhodochrosite - comfort, harmony, friendships
*rhodonite - potential, calmness, teaching
*rose quartz - nursing, healing, heartache
ruby - passion, conflict/obsession, young man
rutilated quartz - determination, decisions, self-control
sapphire - father, male sexuality, religion
*snakeskin jasper(leopard) - defensive, barriers, lack of confidence
*snowflake obsidian - habits, unchanging nature
*sodalite - move/movement in office or family
*smoky quartz - efficiency, acceptance, withdrawal
snow quartz - secret/inner wisdom, trust, slow progress
*strawberry quartz - transformation, person affecting querent's life, parent/grandparent
sugilite - visionary, healing, idealist
tektite - unexpected events, danger, ruin
topaz(yellow or blue) - good fortune, benevolence, father-figure
tourmaline(watermelon) - transformation, endings/beginnings, regeneration
tourmalinated quartz - balance, moderation, harmony
*turitella agate - unexpected change in job/status
*turquoise - expansion, philosophy, wealth
unakite - contentment, abundance
yellow jasper - depression, illness, physical problem
*yellow tiger's eye(brown/gold) - independence, solitude, loneliness

Minotauro

wow that a is a VERY comprehensive list.
this nlast couple of days I've been finding a lot of resources for lithomancy and crystal divination! so weird because for months I had found very little
XD
haha

I'll just hshare one of them wih is a goiod resource for crystral use in general by judy hall
http://www.judyhall.co.uk/downloads/CrystalScrying.pdf

it mentions some crystal meaning but not that many!
X)
jaja
of course witha ll this information and authors I might make up my own system by combining them