Remedious Varo tarot cards!!

Suriel

i've been working with Remedious Varo's paintings!
i chose some of them that fits the meaning of tarot cards....
so far i've finished some...
please go and check out!
http://www.geocities.com/travel2ocean7/
give some opinions and suggestions!!
i'm looking forward to hear from you guys!!
:)

fairyhedgehog

These are wonderful! I had never heard of Remedious Varo.

I love the pictures you have chosen, especially the Moon.

Suriel

thankx!!
here is some information about remedious varo:

"Born in 1908, Anglés Cataluña Spain. Died 1963, Mexico City, Remedios Varo is probably one least known of the great Surrealist painters, even though she is rumored to have taken classes together with Salvado Dalí. Her presentation of dreams, imagery and symbolism has a unique style all its own, entriely fanatastic, yet still full of subtle wit and enigma.
In 1942 she moved to Mexico City with her husband, Benjamin Péret, to escape the nazi occupation of France. It was in Mexico that she painted many of her finest works. "

hope this helps a bit!
:D

Cerulean

Moon and Fool...very beautiful

and unexpected.

I can see you will have delicious fun with such a wonderful painter. If you ever decided to do write-ups, I think snippets from interesting and poets of the time period and similar language(Neruda?) might also give a period feel and be fun for you. Sorry if Neruda is off, I was thinking of the few translated Spanish poets that I know...

http://www.nobel.se/literature/laureates/1971/neruda-bio.html

Neruda Quote for 5/1/2004: the site that I got this from has lots of pop-ups:

...How many works of art...There's not enough room in the world for them any more...They have to bang outside the rooms...How many books...How many little books...Who can read them all...? If they were food...if, during a wave of great hunger, we tossed a salad, cut them up, poured some dressing on them...We've had it...We're fed up...The world is drowning in a flood tide of books...

Here's three poems as a sample:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~agreene/Neruda.html

Suriel

Re: Moon and Fool...very beautiful

they are cool!!...i really like those poems by Pablo Neruda...
thankx....!:)
by the way, are you suggesting me to put these beautiful lines into my webpage, beside the tarot cards?
if it is so, i'll definitely agree with you and will start to work with it right after my exams is over!..
thankx again, celurean!..:D

Astra

Please remember that since the artist was working up to the 1960s these images are still fully copyrighted. You might want to get in touch with the current owners, whether individuals or museums, and see if you can get written permission to use the images in this manner, both as a matter of courtesy, and a matter of law.

They might very well agree, simply to have the images available to a larger number of people. I know I had never heard of the artist, and as thoroughly impressed by your cards.

Suriel

Astra said:
Please remember that since the artist was working up to the 1960s these images are still fully copyrighted. You might want to get in touch with the current owners, whether individuals or museums, and see if you can get written permission to use the images in this manner, both as a matter of courtesy, and a matter of law.
oh my...i didn't think of this.....
but, the page where i get these paintings from is also using them just for a decoration in it's personal page!
oo...no...where should i find the current owners?
but well, i think it's working fine.....:D

Astra

Try a Google search for Remedios Varo - there are a number of sites selling reproductions of his work, and several that list museums, etc., where his pieces are displayed. Shouldn't be all that much of a problem to find who's handling copyright, or if, by some wondrous chance, some of his work is in the public domain. Considering what I glanced at, though, I'm inclined to doubt it.

WolfyJames

Wow! I agree with you that she was a great artist, and I love your deck so far. Keep up the good work!