The Book We've Been Expecting?

Barleywine

I've been away for a a while so forgive me if I missed the roll-out of Dave's new book. I'm assuming that's what is being referred to in this blurb from David Roell's weekly astroamerica.com newsletter:

"I was also impressed by David Monroe’s new book, Personal Prediction. He uses precessed (aka sidereal, as in Cyril Fagan) solar returns, in combination with a solar return MC that sets 9 months and 2 weeks equal to a year. Using a daily progression not unlike that of Wynn’s Key Cycle, Monroe arrives at a series of critical dates to watch out for. Monroe has been practicing for a long time, he makes forecasting sound easy. Maybe it is."

dadsnook2000

Yes

Yes, Dave Roell did mention my book. Personal Prediction is, I believe, the first new book on Sidereal astrological practices since Jim Eshelman first published his Solunar Return book in the 1980's.

Actually, the book uses the precession-corrected TROPICAL zodiac. Precession Correction is just a click of the mouse in your astrological software. Prec'n Corr'n makes all of the difference in a Solar Return chart. From the p.c. S/R chart, the angles can be advanced for any day of the year. Events in one's life relates to the planets that are angular in the daily charts. All of the other planets (non-angular) are basically ignored.

Personal Prediction can be viewed on Amazon.com with the "look inside" feature which permits one to view many of the pages within the book to make sure the book is one that they can work with. The book provides information for downloading and using free software to calculate the types of charts used in the book. My web-site has four years of archived examples of using these techniques www.ninthhouse.wordpress.com

Personal Prediction, ISBN 978-0-615-63033-5, can be ordered in the USA from myself (write me at dadsnook@charter.net), from the American Federation of Astrologers, from Dave Roell's astroamerica bookstore, from Amazon.com or through your local bookstore.

A second book, Moon-to-Sun Returns (a better lunar return), will be published next year. Dave

Minderwiz

Great news, Dave. Any student of Astrologywanting to move to an intermediate or advanced level will find the book very useful in exploring predictive techniques anf indeed learning more about the nature of the zodiac