High Priestess as feelings

wind

What would you say about HP as how someone feels about someone?

I am really not sure...what kind of feelings are these? waiting, patience? Maybe the person finds the other mysterious?

Any thoughts?

Thirteen

wind said:
I am really not sure...what kind of feelings are these? waiting, patience? Maybe the person finds the other mysterious?
The question is whether the HPS stands for the "someone"--or stands for the person's FEELINGS about someone. If the HPS is the "someone" then it might indicate that the person feels that the "someone" is mysterious and distant, and they ought to leave that "someone" alone. Because the "someone" is the HPS.

But if the HPS is the person's FEELINGS about someone, then that's quite different. The HPS is their feelings toward the person, not how they view the other person. So it is they who feel mysterious and secretive. And they probably do not feel a physical connection to the person, as the HPS signifies solitude. They might, however, feel an intuitive or psychic or spiritual connection, as the HPS stands for those things.

Most likely, however, what they're feeling are two opposing emotions. The HPS is between those pillars of light and dark, between the veil of life and death. This person may feel both love and hate, like and dislike, simultanously--and it feels perfectly natural to be experiencing both at the same time.

Alternatively, they might feel like they've met their opposite, even if they like the person.

Does any of that help?

Elven

Hi wind :)
They may keep their thoughts to themselves, though they could also communicate their feelings, not by words but in a quiet manner - it might be something they do or the way they do things - flowers and gifts, notes and letters, annonymously, they might keep their feelings gaurded but they could possibly write poetry or keep a diary which holds there true thoughts. I feel they donot outrightly display their feelings, but they have a deeper or spiritual connection emotionally - possibly on a Soul level - but I see the Priestess as one being individual on that level.
Quiet and introspective, emotionally cool and contemplative, someone you may have to dig deep or be good at riddles to understand on that true emotional level and connection.

just some thoughts :)

blessings Elven x

Fulgour

wind said:
Any thoughts?
Of all the cards in the Tarot it is The High Priestess
that comes forward with the most profound effect.

She at once uplifts us, betokening deep truths,
and at the same time bids us to be respectful.

If there is AWE to be found in the Tarot...it is She.
"You know" She says, asking if we may wish more?

Let others kneel before The Hierophant, but here
we are shown that we stand, for She honours us.

wind

Hi,
thank you very much for your reaponses, they were all very helpful!

Yes, I had in mind: what the person FEELS.

Keeping things to herself, that makes sense a lot...

I find the idea of opposing emotions very interesting! Is this idea reflected in all the 2's?
Like:

2 of cups: if someone feels two of cups, is this also about different emotions or is it about meeting the other?

2 of wands: maybe the person needs to decide which impulse to follow

2 of swords: hm...a difficult card for me to understand; maybe a conflict between the mind and emotion?

2 of pentacles: what kind of feelings are these? Going up and down?

So, do we in all two's see this conflict? maybe at the least extent in 2 of cups - but possibly also there?

Thank you for your insights!

Thirteen

wind said:
I find the idea of opposing emotions very interesting! Is this idea reflected in all the 2's?
To some extent, yes. The number 2 is usually about that "other" sitting down on the sea-saw so that the "1" is now 2 and they can play together. It can indicate a balance, but also an opposition--a moment when two equal but different things can exist together.

It's the old forumla: If you have a Thesis, you soon end up with an Anti-Thesis. The two may create a balance or a polarization--or they may end up creating a "synthesis," which is where you end up in the "3's"--with that third option.

So:

2 of cups: if someone feels two of cups, is this also about different emotions or is it about meeting the other?
It's certainly about meeting that other which attracts--like putting positive and negative magnets together. They're drawn to one another.

2 of wands: maybe the person needs to decide which impulse to follow
Think of wands as a passion, a project you're passionate about, a religion or philosophy or, as you say, impulse that you want to give all of yourself to and you'll understand the card. If you split the energy, and give half to both, than both will die. So you have to decide which is going to get your energy. Which is why this card is about choices--and usually about making a right choice, one that you can give your energy and enthuiasm to.

2 of swords: hm...a difficult card for me to understand; maybe a conflict between the mind and emotion?
More like two opposing ideas that want to fight, but somehow you (or someone) has sent them to their corners. They still want to fight, and can't agree, but they're willing to take time out, and give everyone a moment of peace. They're willing, for the moment, to co-exist.

2 of pentacles: what kind of feelings are these? Going up and down?
This is juggling things, and it's most usually physical or monetary things. You have to pay the rent and pay for food. How do you juggle it? This is the sort of card you get when the person who has feeling for you (sexual if pentacle) also has feeling for someone else and is trying to manage both of you.

YDM42

Thirteen said:
This is juggling things, and it's most usually physical or monetary things. You have to pay the rent and pay for food. How do you juggle it? This is the sort of card you get when the person who has feeling for you (sexual if pentacle) also has feeling for someone else and is trying to manage both of you.
Hi, Thirteen your take on the cards are brilliant as usual, I'm responding on this one in particular because of my experince with it. When ever I see this card I see the man turning his back on the emotional waters behind him. I get this card a lot- with co-dependant people, its hard for them to juggle career, and relationships- it's all or nothing with them. IF the realitionship is bad it adversely affects work and stiflies them on a deep level. And the reverse is true as well, when work is bad, the take it to the relationship. The stablity is a struggle and they are constantly at risk of loosing it all. For me this card is not always about another realitionship, but about balancing "unblanced emotions" with responsiblity and work. A situation like this does continue the theme in the twos of opposing emotions. I have a client who always gets this card- he is a mess- from suicidal to homicidal- at the drop of hat. Its certainly a juggling act. I always remind him that the man in the card does not cater to his emotions- he focuses on his responsibilites and maintaining his balance in the world.

WalesWoman

Perhaps they run deep.

SunChariot

wind said:
What would you say about HP as how someone feels about someone?

Any thoughts?
That they have unconscious feelings for this person that they are not really aware of, likely as well their feelings run deeper than they are aware of.

Bar

TarotMoon

As this card can represent the collective unconscious, it could be that the person feels drawn to the other on an archetypal level, a soul level, or a karmic level. If you believe in past lives, there could be connections there - but whatever the connections are, they are behind the veil, and hence the reason for the attraction is profound and mysterious.