Tarot of Prague Café Club - The Moon

annik

There is a fine line between madness and genius. This card put a different angle to the moon to me. Here, I see more the moon as a concept. Looking at the card gives me the impression that if I cross the water, I will cross a veil between the real world and the imaginary world.

Jewel-ry

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I did a reading for myself today in which the Moon and 8 Cups came up next to each other. I noticed how similar their stance and look is. Anyone any thoughts on that?

:)

baba-prague

I just saw this. Yes, the stance is very similar. You know, I have never put these cards side by side before - yes, it's remarkable.

I also had one reading in which I suddenly noticed a similarity between two faces on different cards - and in fact that turned out to be a very significant key point of the reading.

I think there is a good deal of sadness, as well as beauty, in the figure on the Moon card - and of course that sadness is there again in the Eight of Cups. The Eight is also an evening card - and if you look closely you will see the moon in the sky above the figure. The blue of the shawl around the head is also similar.

Depending on where these cards come up in a reading I'd take it as indicating a sadness in leaving behind a certain fantasy that you have enjoyed, but that you know may not be doing you good. The Eight is a more real, practically-dressed figure - the Moon is like her dream self.

Can I ask what the reading was about please?

Jewel-ry

Hi baba,

I wish I had written the reading down but unfortunately I didn't and I can't remember what it was about.

I can remember it just struck me that the two looked so similar. The way they were standing and even the looks on their faces.

At the time it made me think about the connection between the two cards and I too saw the moon in the sky which re-inforced it. They both have a sort of dreaminess about them. The Moon has an eerie feel whereas 8 Cups is more of a 'looking for the answers, reflecting' side.

Thanks for replying.