The Kings Cardmaker: Regia Fabbricca & Lombardy regional cardmakers

Cerulean

My deepest apologies because I really did not look as closely as I could have as the Antichi Tarocchi Lombardi by Giordano Berti and Marisa Chisi copyright 1995. It is true I have not had so much time to puzzle out the texts.

It took me a long time to finally to read through my various leaflets and type up the Ferdinando di Gumppenberg Il Solleone edition timeline from the various editions. (2003, years ago! Of course it took me until then to get more than one or two)

Well, the timeline according to Lo Scarabeo's text first, then we'll revamp the timeline.

1797 - Napoleon is noted to have entered Milan to liberate 'dal giogo austriaco'

1802 - Milan proclaimed the capital of the Republic of Italy under Napeleon

1805 - Napoleon crowned for the Duoma di Milano

I cannot decipher the information for 1807, but to go on:

1809 - Ferdinando Gumppenberg from Monaco of Baveria came from the famous maker of Andreas Benedictus Goebl. Gumppenberg assumed the duplicated function of maker, e "di is isstruttore"..the administration of Napoleon promotes new important norms and prohibitions of importance of cards and establishes the use of the card stamps and game cards and special cards with the symbolism of the imperial eagle.

1810 - The Royal Cardmaker, in the center of Milan, press of the Theatre della Scala, under the direction of di Gumppenberg decisively produces a superior to a private cardmaker (?): cards of quality, refinement and new mordelli. His beautiful Tarocco Neoclassica was produced.

Ah--sorry, it is too hard to try to type and translate. I'll try to type in separate document and better translators than I can help. Each paragraph is taking more than my scattered attempts from only knowing some school Spanish and my Italianate keyword pick-and-peck impressions.

More later...

Cerulean