Sugilite, Turquoise, Amethyst, Clear and Smokey Quartz, Onyx, Garnet, Green Stone

The Happy Squirrel

Hi All

I do not use crystals or any stones other than for aesthetic and visual pleasure.

The following are stones and crystals I have been drawn to throughout my life and have obsessively collect in the forms of rings and necklaces.

I wonder if some of you could help me understand the healing properties of each?

They are

I am extremely drawn to:

Sugilite (purple)
Turquoise (from greenish blue to blue-ish green)
Garnet
Onyx

I own, but feel so so about:

Clear quartz
Smokey quartz
Rose quartz
Green stone (not jade)

Thanks in advance!!!

Briar Rose

From the list you made it looks like you chose calming soothing stones for spiritual guidence, and to ground you and create an aura of protection.

I would strongly suggest looking up each stone because there is a list of things each crystal can do for you. Like rose quartz is a crystal that can bring you love, ehnace your loving feelings but it can heal a broken heart as well.

Padma

I can back you on a love for garnets :) I wear them all the time! While I have many "go to" stones, garnets are my faves.

If you look in the crystal sub-forum, at the top there are links to different studies on different stones, done by different people. That may help you find some answers. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175866 Failing that, you can buy books by Cassandra Eason, Melody, Judy Hall, or Robert Simmons and Naisha Ashian. All of them are available at Amazon or other online or brick and mortar stores, and all offer many good informative points on the abilities of the stones.

You can also google search for meanings by typing in your search bar (example) "metaphysical properties of garnet" or "healing properties of garnet" or any other stone you are interested in.

Have fun with your favorite crystals! The ones you are most drawn to wear are usually the ones you most need. :) We don't choose crystals - they choose us! :D

The Happy Squirrel

Ooooo thanks so much you guys.

Well, turquoise and garnet have this pull over me.... So I became quiet curious.....

Calming soothing grounding spiritual guidance and protection sound like exactly the stuff that I need!

I have googled around and came across a website where they discuss a variety of stones but sugilite and turquoise were not on the list etc.

I have also looked around crystal books once and then became quite overwhelmed by them and gave up :D

Thanks again I will check the books out and google around some more using the key words you mentioned.

:)

linnie

Ooooo thanks so much you guys.

Well, turquoise and garnet have this pull over me.... So I became quiet curious.....

Calming soothing grounding spiritual guidance and protection sound like exactly the stuff that I need!

I have googled around and came across a website where they discuss a variety of stones but sugilite and turquoise were not on the list etc.

I have also looked around crystal books once and then became quite overwhelmed by them and gave up :D

Thanks again I will check the books out and google around some more using the key words you mentioned.

Hello in there, Happy Squirrel :) This isn't from a book, but from my experience with these stones, which sometimes matches book interpretations and sometimes doesn't! :) Turquoise can be a great purifier/cleanser, so much so that it can become discoloured if it works too hard. It is a very spiritual stone, a little like an amulet. It is also associated with then throat chakra, for communication, and the heart chakra, but in recent years there has been another chakra noted between the throat and heart, which is the chakra of compassion... which takes on a turquoise colour :)

Sugilite can be linked to the third eye, as it is another spiritual stone which helps to enhance the auric field (through which you might receive psychic impressions, if that is your aspiration. A deeper purple one is more a Journeying stone, I think. The paler, pinkish-purple specimens relate to the heart chakra and its connection to your higher self... The onyx would be useful to keep you grounded while you work with the sugilite :)

All of the quartz family, rose, clear, smoky, citrine, ametrine and amethyst, are very good at clearing energy and keeping the atmosphere of a place lovely and... well... clear! :) The green stone, not jade... Is it called Greenstone, as in the New Zealand sacred Pounami stone, or is it just green? There are stones that are aqua green or apple green or bottle green...? Malachite, bloodstone, chrysoprase... lots of different stones for different purposes... :)

Pink and green stones (the rose quartz and the green stone) generally work well with the heart chakra... If books are too involved for you, just head to a webpage listing chakras + colours, and see which chakras each stone relates to. Then go to a page that lists chakras and their bodily/spiritual associations... That should give you some idea of which issues they might be hoping to assist you with :) Happy crystal-ing ... Did I mention I LOVE crystals!!!! Many blessings to you. :)

The Happy Squirrel

Dear Linnie

Yes! The green stone necklaces (well, pendants really) I have are the Pounamu you mentioned. Not those mined in the Americas or China. This is the specifically New Zealand variety. I love them dark dark green or with slight milky threads and marbling on them.

As for the sugilite, I only have one large sugilite ring and it is deep and intense purple! So.... what is a 'journeying' stone.....?

The quartz I have are pink, clear, smokey, and amethyst. I don't think I have any other kinds of quartz since I am not attracted to the other colours for some reason, even though citrine is my birth stone!

The heart and the throat chakras.... Hm. How interesting! I am still trying to understand what chakras are actually.... All I know is that one day I had a very very stressful and upsetting day and the space where my ribs meet in the middle just between my breasts was as tight as I ever felt it in my whole life and I thought I was going to pass out from it!

And I thought, that must be the heart chakra is?? And when it is 'blocked' it is not good? So I am thinking either it was blocked or 'over-exposed' at the time I have no idea....

So that got me thinking about the stones/crystals. Which I already own simply because I love how they look :)

Thanks again I will continue google-ing!

Padma

Pink and green stones are very good for opening the heart chakra :)

linnie

Dear Linnie

Yes! The green stone necklaces (well, pendants really) I have are the Pounamu you mentioned. Not those mined in the Americas or China. This is the specifically New Zealand variety. I love them dark dark green or with slight milky threads and marbling on them.

As for the sugilite, I only have one large sugilite ring and it is deep and intense purple! So.... what is a 'journeying' stone.....?

The quartz I have are pink, clear, smokey, and amethyst. I don't think I have any other kinds of quartz since I am not attracted to the other colours for some reason, even though citrine is my birth stone!

The heart and the throat chakras.... Hm. How interesting! I am still trying to understand what chakras are actually.... All I know is that one day I had a very very stressful and upsetting day and the space where my ribs meet in the middle just between my breasts was as tight as I ever felt it in my whole life and I thought I was going to pass out from it!

And I thought, that must be the heart chakra is?? And when it is 'blocked' it is not good? So I am thinking either it was blocked or 'over-exposed' at the time I have no idea....

So that got me thinking about the stones/crystals. Which I already own simply because I love how they look :)

Thanks again I will continue google-ing!

Firstly, Happy Squirrel, please do be careful that your physical heart is ok.. just because you mentioned the tightness in that space between your breasts at rib level... that can be where heart pain can centre itself during an attack, so please be aware and feel for any other signs of that, such as sore jaw, a weird feeling in arm etc. I'm not a doctor, nor even a nurse, but mum and dad both had heart attacks and my sister has had one, so I hear those words and alarm bells ring... :) I once thought I was having a heat attack in the wee hours of the morning, and didn't know whether I should wake up hubby (I totally should have!!!), but it was only colic, as I'd eaten carrots in dinner that night and theyd been chopped small enough that I didn't chew them properly...

That aside, one way to ease any heart-ache is by working with the heart chakra stones, so playing with your Rose quartz can only be good. If you program it be a warm-fuzzy cuddle that sends joy to your heart each time you hold it, so much the better :)

The very deep purple Sugilite is good for the third eye chakra... the third eye is the part of the BIG 'you' that sees beyond everyday life into a more spiritual reality. The third eye, to me, is the eye of your higher Self, as opposed to the physical eye of the everyday, ego, little self... To open the third eye opens a world to you, beyond what you already see on a day to day basis... visions, or messages from your spirit guides etc, come through to you when your third eye is open to offer such access... that's mainly what I meant by journey stone, but it is also good for intentional Shamanic Journeying :)

The pounamu is good for self-confidence and brings calm and peace. I like looking at words, and self-confidence really links to trusting your Self (the BIG Self with the capital S). I think that relates to walking your talk, and being true to your Self, rather than trying to please others... Not a response to your question about stones, but still relevant, I think, as all your stone colours do lean towards the heart chakra. In matters of the heart, I really, truly believe that you cannot make your loved ones happy until your heart is happy, too, so it is worth honouring yourSelf in order to better bring joy to others... The pounamu and rose quartz are ideal for this... :) Many Blessings to you :)

The Happy Squirrel

Hi Lotus and Linnie

Thanks so much for the info!

Amazingly, all the things you said resonate with where I am at in my personal journey at the moment. Although I do not have all my stones with me, I hope to soon be reunited with them. I owned them for years, some only recently. But throughout, I have always been drawn to these stones and crystals. It is interesting to speculate that I was and have always been drawn to them because deep down, perhaps, I have always known who I was / am and where I was / am going. When I acquire them, I did not know their properties. And now that I know, not all of these stones are actually with me, and those which are, are not always on my person, they are simply stored around me. And yet, the properties as you related them to me, are consistent with where I have been and am now.

Amazing :)

linnie

Hi Lotus and Linnie

Thanks so much for the info!

Amazingly, all the things you said resonate with where I am at in my personal journey at the moment. Although I do not have all my stones with me, I hope to soon be reunited with them. I owned them for years, some only recently. But throughout, I have always been drawn to these stones and crystals. It is interesting to speculate that I was and have always been drawn to them because deep down, perhaps, I have always known who I was / am and where I was / am going. When I acquire them, I did not know their properties. And now that I know, not all of these stones are actually with me, and those which are, are not always on my person, they are simply stored around me. And yet, the properties as you related them to me, are consistent with where I have been and am now.

Amazing :)
That's really amazing, Happy Squirrel... well done you for understanding, at some level, that these stones are important for you. :) I imagine that when your heart chakra needs have been met, you may well gift those stones to someone else and start to play/work with other stones... It is interesting that stones can sometimes choose us, as well as or perhaps instead of us choosing them :) If you suddenly have a change of heart (;-)) about which coloured stones appeal to you, look at the chakra association...

many Blessings to you :)