Crystals for... a lifestyle change

Audelia

Hi everyone,

After years of treating my body badly, I've decided to make a positive lifestyle change. I'm educating myself about nutrition, I've started working with a personal trainer and I'm hoping to start practicing yoga.

I have a lot of work to do and I'll be honest and say that I am finding the task daunting. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of crystals that will help to nurture this positive change?

The main areas I'm struggling with are finding the motivation to exercise and cravings for junk food. I'd also love to hear some suggestions for stones that encourage positive change and detoxification.

I'm grateful for any suggestions you might have! :)

linnie

Hi everyone,

After years of treating my body badly, I've decided to make a positive lifestyle change. I'm educating myself about nutrition, I've started working with a personal trainer and I'm hoping to start practicing yoga.

I have a lot of work to do and I'll be honest and say that I am finding the task daunting. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of crystals that will help to nurture this positive change?

The main areas I'm struggling with are finding the motivation to exercise and cravings for junk food. I'd also love to hear some suggestions for stones that encourage positive change and detoxification.

I'm grateful for any suggestions you might have! :)
Hi Audelia :)

Right off the top of my head, I'd recommend a staurolite (a small brown stone shaped like a maltese cross). That stone is very often recommended for letting go of habitual behaviour, either in the physical form, such as substance abuse (or chocolate and fries :)), or in actual thought patterns etc.

I'd supplement that with Tiger iron for physical stamina and endurance, and Carnelian or Serpentine for stamina and the capacity to embrace change, or onyx or a reddish coloured jasper or garnet as a general physical booster, and also use fluorite as a mental toner for focus.

If you only want one or two stones, I'd opt for the staurolite and Carnelian or tiger iron.

Well done you for making positive changes in your life :)
Best wishes :)

Apollonia

I like Mook Jasper for aiding in making good choices and pointing out new possibilities.

PrincessPaulina

I recommend Labradorite for detoxifying, aiding digestion, and generally overcoming unhealthy patterns.
I have found this stone really helpful in seeing the beauty of withholding or refraining from something -- treasuring the "empty" times, learning to appreciate NOT having something that one may usually want.

Good luck, and congrats on taking the first steps towards change!!!

Padma

All good suggestions so far! Lots to choose from. I recommend Ametrine for changing patterns and overcoming addictive or negative behaviors, making one feel more positive, and for boosting physical energy.

For detox, I second Princess Paulina on Labradorite; and Celestite (or Celestine, same thing) works well too. That beautiful pale blue stone can really elevate mood, as well as detox the body nicely. Very good for insomnia, as well! So you could consider it a perfect partner for the Ametrine, as one brings you up and the other can calm you down :)

Linnie, Tiger iron is a wonderful choice. I also find red tiger's eye very effective for boosting energy, and granting positive thoughts - as well as keeping one nicely grounded ;)

Audelia

Fantastic suggestions everyone. I really appreciate them. I love that I can use crystals to help me with virtually everything :)