Crystals for astral travel/lucid dreaming?

stone_lotus

What are some crystals I can use to help facilitate astral travel/projection and lucid dreaming?

I'm not looking for any quick fixes -- rather, ideas on crystals I can incorporate into my morning meditation practice or perhaps use in a new bedtime meditation routine.

I've read that ametrine, blue kyanite, and phenacite are helpful for this purpose.

At the moment I've been using labradorite, with some interesting forehead sensations.

Does anyone have any experience with these, or other stones?

Thanks!

Padma

I took this from the Book of Stones, an encyclopedia on crystal use written by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian.

For lucid dreaming: Agate, Holly Blue; Albite; Angel Phantom Quartz; Covelite; Dream Quartz; Goshenite; Kyanite; Lazulite; Peacock Obsidian; Rhodizite; Blue Sapphire; Scolecite; Sodalite; Staurolite; Sugilite.

For astral travel: Bentoite; Calcite, Blue; Covelite; Dream Quartz; Herkimer Quartz "diamond"; Labradorite; Natrolite; Peacock Obsidian; Common Opal; Tabular Quartz (clear); Rhodizite; Blue Sapphire; Sphene.

As there are a few of the same stones for both lucid dreaming and astral travel, I would use one that is good for both things :) My way of choosing crystals is to hold them in my hand, close my eyes, hold the purpose or intention of what I want to use them for in sharp focus, and see what they do to my heart and third eye. If I get heart palpitations and I see colorful pics in my mind's eye, I choose that one.

Hope this helps!

Onion Budgie

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read that Moldavite is good for astral travel/lucid dreaming.

There seem to be quite a few. :D

stone_lotus

As there are a few of the same stones for both lucid dreaming and astral travel, I would use one that is good for both things :) My way of choosing crystals is to hold them in my hand, close my eyes, hold the purpose or intention of what I want to use them for in sharp focus, and see what they do to my heart and third eye. If I get heart palpitations and I see colorful pics in my mind's eye, I choose that one.

Hope this helps!

That really does help Lotus Padma, thank you! I'll be going to a crystal shop on Friday and my vague plan was to hold various stones and see "how I felt", but your suggestion of visualizing my intention and then paying particular attention to my heart and third eye is much more practical and I can't wait to try it out. :D

By the way, I understand why you suggest third eye, but why heart? Any extra insight there? Thanks!

stone_lotus

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read that Moldavite is good for astral travel/lucid dreaming.

There seem to be quite a few. :D

Thanks for the suggestion Onion Budgie, yes, I've heard a lot of good things about Moldavite! Such a pretty-looking stone, too! I've heard it's a bit rare? I've never actually seen one before, in person. Hopefully they have some available at the shop I'm going to visit on Friday. : )