Website script for personal cards

Martie

Does anyone know of a script that can be added to a website to tell you your personal cards (personality card, soul card etc.)? I'd love to add one to my website, but I don't know anything about writing scripts.
Martie

guidingtarot

Writing a script

I know how to write scripts... what formula do you use to figure out your personality card or soul card? I've heard a few. Give me a few details and I'll see what I can do. It might take me a week or more, though. Great idea...

Martie

This is from Mary K Greer's Tarot for Your Self (to find out all the personal card the person needs to input birth date, sun sign, moon sign and rising sign - depending on how far you want to take the script):

Personality card - the numbers in your birth date, summed and reduced to any number below 23: 10/14/1947 becomes 10+14+1947=1971 which is reduced to 1+9+7+1=18 (the Moon)

Soul card - the result above, reduced to a single digit number: 1+8=9 (the Hermit). It could work out that soul and personality cards are the same; if the personality card is 19, you end up with three cards (1, 10 and 19)

Hidden Factor card - the Major Arcana card(s) that can be reduced to the same primary number (1 through 9) as your soul card. You might have none if this is already your personality card (as in the example above). If your soul card is 7, your hidden factor card would be 16 (1+6=7).

Your Tarot constellation - all cards with the same prime number (1 through 9) + the Major Arcana cards that can reduce to the same number. E.g. if your soul card is 7 (or 16), your Tarot constellation consists of all the 7s in the minor arcana plus the Tower

Year card - add the month and date of your birth date to the current year, e.g. 16 December would be 16+12+2008=2036=11

Zodiac card - the major arcana card associated with your sun sign

Zodiac lessons and opportunity cards - the three minor arcana cards associated with your sun sign

Destiny card - the minor arcana card (one of the three zodiac lessons and opportunity cards) that corresponds to your actual birth date

Personal potential card - the court card associated with your sun sign

Inner Teacher card - the court card corresponding to the sign your moon is in

Your Mode of Expression in the World card - the court card corresponding to your rising sign (ascendant)

Hope this makes sens?

guidingtarot

Thank You

Yes, this does make sense. I've used the method before and also the method taught by the Tarot School. I'll see what I can get going in the next week and let you know when I'm ready for some feedback.

Martie

That would be wonderful! Martie

guidingtarot

A few questions

I've started work on the widget and a few questions have come up. Mainly - definitions of the cards in the context of personality, soul, etc. Mary's book is obviously copyrighted, but maybe we could paraphrase what she has to say about them -- that is if she says anything specific about the cards in that relationship. Any ideas? I'll throw in a link and give credit to someone that would want to help.

Card images - I have the public domain images of the Rider Waite deck - are there others that are available? It might be nice to have options.

This is probably going to take me a few weeks because of my workload, but I am committed to doing it.

Thanks!

Martie

Some Marseille decks are in public domain (I don't know if all of them are). Mysticgames.com has images of one that they say is in public domain, at http://www.mysticgames.com/mysticgames_cfmfiles/tarotinfo/deck.cfm?DeckID=9. I don't know of any other decks.

In Tarot Constellations MKG does give the card meanings applicable to personality, year card etc. It would be possible to do something similar though less extensive for all the cards. I'll try to come up with something for a few cards over the weekend and you can have a look. You did say weeks, didn't you?

guidingtarot

Oh yea

Weeks, no doubt. This is a great though. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. I'd be happy to help with the definitions also. Let me know what you work out.

Martie

Example: The Magician as soul and year cards

When the birth date adds up to 19, they will have 3 cards: MKG's rule - Consider the Sun as your personality card; the Magician as your soul card; and the Wheel of Fortune as your Teacher card (so there is no personality card for the Magician). In any case, the two descriptions will be the same. The personality card refers to qualities the person has or will find easy to acquire (usually in childhood); soul card refers to qualities a person is meant to work on in this lifetime.
Your soul card reveals the qualities that you should work on in this lifetime. These are characteristics that you are meant to acquire, and you will find lessons focusing on them throughout your lifetime. The more you concentrate on becoming like the Magician, the more fulfilled you will feel, and you will know that you are fulfilling your soul purpose. Be assured that the Magician will be helping you!
The Magician is a skilled communicator and showman, and is characterised by power, creative energy, action and will-power. He gives focused attention to what he needs to do, and acquires mastery of the skills and talents that are potentially his. He knows where he is going, and shows self-confidence without being arrogant; he knows his power and gifts come from a higher consciousness, and that he is the channel through which Spirit is revealed--in whichever way his ability to communicate is expressed. He may be an artist, a healer, a parent, a minister, an actor, a writer, a teacher--any work that channels the gifts of Spirit to others will bring him the most fulfillment. He is also known for his skill in manipulating the elements, which may find expression in an interest in science or the occult. Because the Magician has an agile, innovative mind, he must use his ability to focus to keep him from being sidetracked. He may be regarded as driven and ambitious, but he will also be known for his ability to handle difficult situations in a diplomatic manner, and for his transformative powers: the gift to transform one thing into another, and to help people see the magical side of life.
The Magician as archetype is linked to the Greek god Hermes (Mercury to the Romans), with his agile mind and his role as messenger of the gods. He also guided souls to the underworld, and was able to bring people from out of the darkness into the light again. He may find himself drawn to both the sacred and the profane, and needs to find a careful balance so that he can move between these worlds and serve as a guide to others. If he spends too much time in the shadows, he may come to typify the Shadow aspects of Hermes--trickery, deceit, manipulation and theft. He may find himself unmotivated, unsure, and disconnected from his spiritual side. At his worst, he may abuse his powers for evil ends and become arrogant, self-righteous, unreasonable, egocentric and blame others instead of taking responsibility for his own actions and choices. He may become impotent or lose his ability to discriminate between reality and fantasy, and mental instability or sexual crimes could result.
At his best, the Magician will personify reason, a strong sense of self and of reality, and consciousness. He is a reminder of the hermetic maxim "as above, so below" and a channel to bring magical things into existence. His ability to manifest and to be a light in darkness will come to fore if he is in touch with his most creative and powerful aspects.

If the Magician is your YEAR card:
A Magician year means new projects, fresh starts, or fresh impetus to an existing project. Power, creative energy and action are characteristics of the Magician, as are skill, mastery, a focused will and excellent communication skills. This may be a year for healing, and an acknowledgement of your connection to a higher consciousness and the Universe. You may even discover a hidden talent for showmanship!
Look out for evidence that the Magician is sending good stuff your way through his direct connection with the Universe - watch for synchronicities, significant dreams and the like.
Be careful that you do not abuse the power given you this year. Also remember that the Magician is sometimes the Trickster--you would do better to avoid deceit and manipulation, which the Magician in his Shadow aspect can be very good at.

guidingtarot

Progress

Thank you for the work on the text. That looks like it will take awhile. Maybe we should work on a short version for the widget and a longer version for a website.

Here is a working draft of the widget. It's a work in progress. The Shadow Card is not calculated, only the Personality and Soul cards right now. No keywords or definitions as of yet. It also is designed to fit into my website. website removed by moderator

Let me know what you think.