Farschian Fortune telling deck

Alta

I am mostly asking zorya a question, and I could change this to a PM if it seems better. But I thought others might be interested.

I bought the Farschian fortune telling deck a couple of months ago from tarotgarden. I really like it, and draw a card most days plus I draw one before I read with other decks. zorya, you are the only other person who I have seen mention it. The main drawback is that the 'fortunes' written on the back of each card are in Farsi as is the booklet with it. So for me that aspect of the cards is out and that leaves the images. The images are very rich and seductive and full of those tiny details which allow the intuition to roam. That's how I use them. My question to zorya is how you plan to use them? Since you mentioned in another thread that you fully intended to purchase them (perhaps you already have?) I thought you might have thought of how they could be used. Marion

zorya

i have been lusting after the farschian deck for over a year and a half now. i think they are the most gorgeous cards i have ever seen! ever! i just had problems justifying buying a deck with only 18 images and with the meanings in farsi only, lol. but i can stand it no more and must have it anyway. :laugh:

i plan on using them much like you do, marion, probably with one to three card spreads and to shed light on tarot readings. the images are so evocative, i assume it will be like reading 'soul cards'.

ultimately, i would love to find someone to translate them.

here is a link for anyone who would like to view the cards being discussed; http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?view_title=farschian

Kaz

a translation from farsi to english shouldnt be that hard to get?
assuming you have refugees from iran as well, they speak farsi. i know of one person here, dunno if he still visits some time, mehrdad, he can translate for you as he is iranian.
the art is beautiful btw, i looked at pictures at tarotgarden website.

Namaste

I saw these cards online and fell in love. What a disappointment that the text is only in Farsi. I think I would do the same: find someone to translate them.

I find them very expensive, especially since, for us Canadians, $50 translates into a lot more, but they are so beautiful and I won't be able to resist them for long.

May I make a suggestion? If one of us finds a translator and he/she agrees and consents, could we perhaps post the translations here?

What do you think? :)

Summerdream

zorya said:
i have been lusting after the farschian deck for over a year and a half now. i think they are the most gorgeous cards i have ever seen! ever! i just had problems justifying buying a deck with only 18 images and with the meanings in farsi only, lol. but i can stand it no more and must have it anyway. :laugh:

i plan on using them much like you do, marion, probably with one to three card spreads and to shed light on tarot readings. the images are so evocative, i assume it will be like reading 'soul cards'.

ultimately, i would love to find someone to translate them.

here is a link for anyone who would like to view the cards being discussed; http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?view_title=farschian

Zorya, The description of the deck says it has 54 cards. You mentioned it only has 18 images, so I take it there are duplicates of the same cards? That's too bad. I was hoping all 54 would be different images. I first saw them about 6 months ago and fell in love with them but knowing that the text is only in farsi has been what has stopped me from buying them too. Although, they are absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure I come up with my own meanings for the cards. It would be wonderful if someone here at Aeclectic could translate them though. Have you ended up buying them yet? I'm sure one of these days I won't be able to resist any longer and they will be mine.

For those of you that already have them, how do you enjoy using them? I second Zoyra that they are visually stunning!

Momof3girls:)

zorya

i came soooo close to buying them, i sat down at my computer with every intention of ordering them, but when i clicked on the price and discovered they were $10 more than when i had previously checked, i backed out again *sigh*.

i really must get this deck! (banging head on computer desk)

momof3girls, yes the cards are duplicates, but the meanings on the back of the cards are different for each one (in farsi).

namaste, absolutely! if anyone gets the translations we/they must share :D

Alta

Agreed! I have never tried to get them translated. Would love to know what they say though. I understand they are all different but some of the images are repeated. Gorgeous, I love the set.

Jewel

duplicates of the images within the same deck? ... well that's a bummer. Since none of us can read Frasi, perhaps we should get into groups of 3 and buy decks and then divide them up to where each of us has a set of 18 with each of the images *LOL*

Summerdream

Jewel said:
duplicates of the images within the same deck? ... well that's a bummer. Since none of us can read Frasi, perhaps we should get into groups of 3 and buy decks and then divide them up to where each of us has a set of 18 with each of the images *LOL*

Hmmmm....That might be an idea....LOL

Momof3girls:)

Jewel

If nothing else the images would look lovely set under glass on a table. They are trully beautiful images.