Forest Of Souls

Maelin

I loved this book. I've loaned it out, and will now have to get a replacement, as I've lost track of where it is... but now when I get teh 6 of wannds in a reading, or the Ace of swords, I will always see them differently because of this book.

sapienza

I'm in the middle of reading this book right now. It really is an excellent book and filled with surprising insights tucked away here and there. Definitely not a how-to book which is refreshing for me. I kind of wish I had a copy of her Shining Tribe deck though as she uses it for so many readings in the book. She does include b&w scans of the cards but I'd like to have the real thing so I could appreciate the imagery more, as it's so different to the decks I work with. She has an interesting style of writing, not my usual preference, but despite that I am getting a LOT out of the book and do really recommend it to others.

beatrix

I've been slowly working my way through this book. You're right- you do really go on a journey with it. I've been savoring bits of it for over a year now. And I'm about 2/3 of the way through.

I've studied tarot with varying degrees of intensity for a few years, but I still feel like I'm a beginner. I lack self confidence in areas of my life, and tarot is no exception. I like this book because it helped me learn to trust my intuition, and to believe that listening to my own interpretations rather than those in books, or the LWB, is ok.

Bonnie

Tarot & Self-Confidence

Beatrix -

This is a wonderful book - certainly not one to rush through. It will also help you to have more confidence in your readings, as Rachel is not one to go with "set" meanings. She makes the archetypes her friends, and presents them with integrity and her own personal sense of humor.

I think we each build our own understanding of the cards from material that we read, readings that we give, and our own intuition.

You might enjoy a new site that Kat Black has set up to read and share readings with her new deck: http://www.78friends.com.

Enjoy!

Jewel

beatrix said:
I've studied tarot with varying degrees of intensity for a few years, but I still feel like I'm a beginner. I lack self confidence in areas of my life, and tarot is no exception. I like this book because it helped me learn to trust my intuition, and to believe that listening to my own interpretations rather than those in books, or the LWB, is ok.
Forest of Souls is one of my favorite tarot books.

Actually the reason I responded to your post is that like you I lacked self confidence regarding tarot, and not only did Forest of Souls help me out a lot, but I would highly recommend 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card by Mary Greer. By time you finish the 21 Steps at apprentice level you will have gained an incredible amount of self confidence in regards to tarot and trusting your intuition. I picked that book up about 12 years into my tarot studies and it was the best thing I could ever do for myself. Thanks to that book I am enojoying reading with more decks than ever before.

beatrix

Jewel,
Thanks for this advice. I will look into that book!