The Transparent Tarot

AprilFool

Em, thanks for the reply on the Hierophant/High Priest card. Yes it makes perfect sense. I love seeing this card depicted as something other than a Pope-looking man. And with your explanation, it's very clear why you were inspired to display the fixed/static/stoic/sturdy theme of this card in such a way.

By the way, are you going to be able to put together a book(let) for this deck? I really want to know what was in your head before you took to putting dots on paper! Although, as I think about it, I don't want to wait FOREVER to get the deck...... :)

I am unbelievably excited about receiving a copy of your deck. I am so glad to be following you along on your journey. I live across the ocean from you, but we really do share a lovely world together, don't we?

Voron

Sidhe-Ra said:
I wondered if someone would ask me that! The High Priest or Hierophant, to me represents tradition, ancient wisdom, and a certain 'Fixed' nature. An ancient tree, which has stood for hundreds of years, seemingly unmoving, but always growing, seemed to me a perfect de-personalsied representation of this cards energies. There is much to be learned from trees! I also had in mind the Tree of Life of the Qabbalah, another system which the Hierophant would relate to- wise yet rigid, fixed yet subtly shifting.

Does that make sense?

Totally. The tree has a good connection with Taurus, the Heirophant's astrological correlation: fixed earth. Furthermore, I also like the five branches, which are representative of the card's number, as well as the pentagram (prominently featured on the Thoth)--spirit rising above the earthly elements, and even the five Eastern elements (of which wood, to me, seems to most correspond with spirit, when one takes metal = swords = air in account)--so we see the multiplicity of spiritual traditions this card represents. Very fitting!

Regarding the Hanged One, I think it's neat that the cocoon precedes the butterfly, as XII preceeds XIII--Death. To me, the butterfly is a perfect representation of the type of transformation Death represents. So the Cocoon makes a lot of sense.

Voron

Sidhe-Ra said:
Certainly! I think I'll be able to stand making about a hundred- at this rate, i won't have to advertise them at all! Thank you so much :)

At least until some savvy publisher makes you an offer you can't refuse. In the future I see, teachers across the world will be showing your cards on the overhead projector at school, and then the class will separate into little groups to make their own little Tarot pictures...it'll be so cute!*

(Of course, in all the futures I see, the conservative establishments tend to be a lot more tolerant of occult/metaphysical practices than they are today. But Harry Potter gives us all hope.)

*--not to imply your deck is childish or shallow in any way. Though it *is* very cute. And children are deeper than many people give them credit for. When I think of transparencies, I can't help but think of overhead projectors and kids and school...

Sidhe-Ra

The 3s

Thank you Nicki, Aprilfool, and Voron! I'm glad my symbols make sense to people other than myself, and your analysis was very insightful, Voron, thank you! (Although in this deck I have a butterfly as the Fool, I did have a butterfly in the Death card of my Sidhe deck).

Todays cards are the threes :)

Enjoy!

And yes, Aprilfool, we do indeed share a beautiful world :)

Many Blessings,

Em x

Attachments

• 3cups.jpg
    3cups.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 3pents.jpg
    3pents.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 3swords.jpg
    3swords.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 3wands.jpg
    3wands.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 183
  • The 3s.jpg
    The 3s.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 176

SarahRose

I love the 3 of Wands!

They go great together too.

Sidhe-Ra

playing around..

Thanks sarahrose!

And some examples of how the new cards fit in...

xx

Attachments

• 3pents+18+4.jpg
    3pents+18+4.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 165
  • 3cups+5+9.jpg
    3cups+5+9.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 3wands+0+15.jpg
    3wands+0+15.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 3swords+6+16.jpg
    3swords+6+16.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 137
  • The 2s+3s.jpg
    The 2s+3s.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 148

SarahRose

3cups+5+9 is beautiful! I LOVE THIS DECK! :)

Sidhe-Ra

Aw, thankee again sarahrose! xxx

Voron said:
*--not to imply your deck is childish or shallow in any way. Though it *is* very cute. And children are deeper than many people give them credit for. When I think of transparencies, I can't help but think of overhead projectors and kids and school...

Funnily enough I was thinking of how much fun kids could have just playing with the majors, and all the different pictures they could make. :) I'm going to offer a copy to Willow's school, and not tell them that it's tarot!

Blessings,

Em x

AprilFool

Good grief, the 2's and the 3's are having quite a party! :D
This is such fun!

Deckster

MMMMmmmmm

Gets more interesting everyday. They are beautiful and I think very valuable spritually. I posess very few decks but I would love to have this one in my world. Thank you for sharing.