The Transparent Tarot

OakDragon

Wowsers!

I am SO glad I found this thread! Sidhe-Ra, you are a genius!!! I love this concept and the art, too! I am even really amazed how fascinating the suits and even all the minors together look piled on top of each other. Mesmerizing! I will definitely be buying a copy when it comes out! :D

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you Harleyquinn and oakdragon for such generous words! :D (I am feeling better now, thank you! xx)

Many Blessings,

Em xx

Sidhe-Ra

To give you an idea on how the book is progressing, (apart from slowly, due to having little Willow to look after over the summer holidays), here are a couple of extracts- I'd love to know how you think they compare to other books, and whether I'm making sense!

I'm afraid www.emilycarding.com, where all my images and the slideshow were isn't up anymore, as Photosite is closing, but there is a little bit on my website, www.childofavalon.com.

Blessings,

Em xxx

Attachments

• transparent- Death.doc
    161 KB · Views: 231
  • transparent- Temperance.doc
    174.5 KB · Views: 154

Sidhe-Ra

Some more good news! My friend Naomi Ozaneic has agreed to write the foreword for the book! She is quite well known and has written many wonderful books on tarot and the Qaballah :)

Blessings,

Em xx

grailmaiden

Better late than never

My goodness! Like so many others before, I am so glad I found this thread. I can't afford the price of this deck but am so delighted to see from your website that you finally got a publisher.

I have just spent the whole of this evening reading every post and following your creative process from the beginning. I can only echo what everyone has said before - this deck is spectacular, original, well conceived and executed.

One day I am certain, the publishers that turned you down will be kicking themselves and you will be basking in the success you so richly deserved.

I am in awe of your ability and your commitment to your projects.

More power to your elbow (and whatever other parts of your anatomy you use for your art).

Jan

Sidhe-Ra

Aw, thank you, Jan!

Your comment has been a lovely treat for me as I toddle off to bed :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through all my blurb- since the deck and book won't be out until this time next year, perhaps you'll have a change of circumstances and be able to afford it by then!

I've just done a word count and I'm now a third of the way through my book, which I'm very pleased about, and far less daunted by the whole thing! ( I have a total of 60,000 words to write, and I've done 20,000!)

Many Blessings to you,

Em xx

thorhammer

I think this just jumped to the top of the list!

Sidhe-Ra, this deck is extraordinary. I remember seeing it in the main part of Aeclectic, in the reviews (I spent about two weeks going through every deck one by one and making a list of what I wanted - no wonder it's so damn long!) and when I saw this one there was a whole paradigm-shift in my head. Innovative doesn't come close. Who needs dignities! On the one hand, I can see that this deck will be so complex to use that it will be a major project WHEN I do get my hands on it, but on the other it will bring the meanings of each card so much closer to others in a multiple card reading, and meditation will be fantastic . . . *dreaming of Empress-fields and singing birds and sunshine*. I wish to add my name to the very long list of slavering Tarot-hounds that are after this, your latest creation.

There aren't enough superlatives or synonyms for congratulations and thanks.

Blessings, Kat

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you so much for your comment, your appreciation, and the smile you have gifted me with!

There will be many ways to use these cards, from as simple as just playing with them, forming images and interpreting to them, to complex spreads, meditations and spellwork-(I'm particularly excited about this- being able to combine several cards to create an image on which to focus one's intent; for example, the Empress, the sun and the three of cups for fertility!)

Thank you so much again! x

Many Blessings,

Em xx

Attachments

• Empress+Sun+3cups.jpg
    Empress+Sun+3cups.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 125

rwcarter

Sidhe-Ra,

Your deck is lovely. And innovative doesn't even come close to describing the concept behind the deck. With over 300 decks in my collection, I've already calculated that I'll need to live for a couple thousand years to be able learn and use them all. Do I need another deck? No. Do I want your deck? Hell yeah! Will I have it when it's available? Most definitely! Woe to anyone or anything that stands in my way.... ;)

Rodney

Sidhe-Ra

Aw, thanks Rodney! :)

More smiles for me today- how lucky I am!

Thank you so much!

Em xxx