The Transparent Tarot

nicki

I must admit when i read what you were going to do, it did hurt my head abit, now seeing the images i'm bowled over, these are fabulous, well done

nicki xx

p.s add me to your list of pre-orders

AprilFool

Sign Me UP!

I am absolutely blown away by this concept. It is positively brilliant.

I will also like to purchase a deck from you! Please PM me or let me know how to do so.

I cannot wait to see the actual product in hand!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you Nicki and April fool!

What I shall do then, is PM everyone who has put their name down for a deck when I am ready to produce them. Then you get first 'dibs' as it were, because they're going to take a long time to print, laminate, etc. by hand. I'll initially make up enough for the pre-orders, so that you don't have to wait as long. I'm thinking I'll probably make it a limited edition of 100, hopefully I can manage that! So far, for the complete 78 card deck, I'm thinking £50 or thereabouts,(hopefully no more than that, possibly less, if I can), but once all the artwork is finished and I start producing them, I'll have a better idea of my costs.

Blessings,

Em x

Strange2

Fantastic idea and execution! Please add me to the list of interested buyers!

This concept reminds me of "77 Million Paintings", by the artist / musician Brian Eno, which I just received. This is a computer program which randomly layers and blends digital images, combined with randomly layered ambient music. The combination of images and layering could potential create 77 million different images.

http://www.77millionpaintings.com/

What I love about your concept is the way it epitomizes one of the most wonderful aspects of Tarot.... that of "creating coincidences". When we use Tarot cards, the various combinations and adjacencies and images creates in that moment a new creative coincidence, in which by our observation and interaction and reflection becomes a unique creative event.

This wonderful "creative coincidence" aspect of Tarot (and particularly in your Transparent Tarot) allows the original creative work of the artist to continue to "live" and interact with itself and with us lucky ones who interact with it.

Thank you, Sidhe-Ra, for yet another wonderful creative expression!

6 Haunted Days

Hmmm about that math :confused: LOL Never my strong suit in school, and I look at sets of numbers and feel the frustration and tears coming on. So I will take your word for it and just know that there are a hellavuh lot of different combinations!

:TDEAT

AprilFool

I'm definitely "in". Keep us posted and have FUN with your creation!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you all so much, its heartening to see that so many of you appreciate my work! Thank you for the link, Strange2, also- i shall try to find time later to have a good look :)

Three new cards today- The high Priestess, The Lovers, and the Devil. I've attached images of them seperate and together, and everything so far- which is stretching the brain a little! (They only really work up to four images at a time, but you can about make out how any combination should work.

At this point, if there are specific combinations you haven't seen of the exisiting cards that you would like to, feel free to ask, and I shall try to oblige :)

Many Blessings,

Em x

Attachments

• High priestess.jpg
    High priestess.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Lovers.jpg
    Lovers.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Devil.jpg
    Devil.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 210
  • 2+6+15.jpg
    2+6+15.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 214
  • combined 0+1+2+3+4+6+9+15+19small.jpg
    combined 0+1+2+3+4+6+9+15+19small.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 206

6 Haunted Days

These are just mind blowing! I love the high priestess and devil cards. Combined they all give a haunting image....

It will be such fun to make different landscapes and art with these! And this is besides any reading :)

rahnefan

That is some kind of creative, Sidhe-Ra. Just the idea of how they overlap is brilliant.

silver_rain

What a great idea :) I'd love to be put on the pre-order list!