exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

flying black kat

Ash:

WOW - WOW - WOW What a card.

I am surprised that you don't have a line of publishers waiting to publish your cards and words. What a great deck this is going to be. What a book you are going to write.

Your cards give new meaning to the traditional Tarot. Just like the Transparent Tarot changed how we look at Tarot with all the different things that can be done with the cards in so many different ways, you have changed as well how I perceive the Tarot.

The beauty and individuality of each card can transport one to a different time and space were the visitor is only welcome as long as they only visit.

Beautiful card, beautiful meanings. Thank You for sharing your special world.

Be at Peace in you journeys.

Kathy

thorhammer

I agree with Kathy - your cards give an extra dimension to RW meanings. I know you see your deck as being quite in the tradition of the RW, but to us it's a hugely innovative break with tradition. You've managed to give a voice to silent characters (to me at least). The Four of Pents is always painted as a miser, greedy and grasping . . . you've given her a depth and told her side of the story so that those of us *out here* can see with her eyes and come to a more balanced understanding :)

Thankyou. I hope she's left you in peace now :)

\m/ Kat

Little Hare

as soon as i saw the four of pents i got the following line in my head "Bow down before the one you serve your going to get what you deserve" (NIN) LOL!

I love your work... Its so evocative

Little Hare

sacredashes

**Alta** **Kathy** **Kat** **Little Hare**

I am so glad I didn't freak anyone one with this card. To be honest, I was a little worried about that :laugh:

I sent the image to my sister, most eager to show her what I drew. Her reply to my e-mail embodies the meaning of this card so beautifully, I wanted to post it here... an excerpt of the e-mail she sent me.

"Dear sis,

The position and dressing is exactly like that but i normally cannot see the actual face. "They" normally do not let me see their faces unless they are desparate to tell me something or when i request them to show me. We need to respect them as they are actually lost souls and they do not know that. they think we are the visitors and we think they are visitors. So ...which is which....but i realise that we must make the fullest of what god gave us , appreciate life and relationships among each other as we will not know tomorrow...I pray that when god brings me to heaven, i will tell myself to let go and not hold back if anything happens to me."...

The Night Flower humbled me with her words, and I wanted to share them for they apply not only to "other beings" but to us as individuals. Though she is not into tarot, I felt her message explains the card in a whole new way for me.

4 coins... what this card means to me now is not what it meant to me before. A toast to the Night Flower then, for the eternal beauty within that does not fade with time.

Ash

nicky

Ash,

I am concerned I will never be happy with my RWS after seeing your insightful vision of the energy these cards can represent. I am gobsmacked.

Nicky

aja

I'm not sure which I like more - your images or the 'stories' behind them. Thank you for providing an insight that most of us would never have had!

flying black kat

greetings sacredashes:

aja said:
I'm not sure which I like more - your images or the 'stories' behind them. Thank you for providing an insight that most of us would never have had!
I agree with aja. I find myself sometimes mentally seeing your cards as I look at some of my decks, and remembering some of the things that you wrote about that particular card. This when it happens totally changes the way I perceive the meaning of the particular card. Your gifts are amazing.

Brightest Blessings, and Be at Peace.

Kathy

sacredashes

nicky said:
Ash,

I am concerned I will never be happy with my RWS after seeing your insightful vision of the energy these cards can represent. I am gobsmacked.

Nicky

Aww shucks... thank you nicky. That is quite a compliment but really, the RWS is in a league of its own... Means a lot to me though that you would compare my deck with the RWS.

You know, I have been looking at Pamela Smith's work, especially the illustrations she did in B/W. I feel drawn to symbolic art and that's why I find her work quite inspiring.

aja said:

If you found something helpful in this thread, then I am both pleased and honored. No need to thank me; I nicked those insights from the people of Jahanam.. they're not entirely mine })

flying black kat said:
greetings sacredashes:

I agree with aja. I find myself sometimes mentally seeing your cards as I look at some of my decks, and remembering some of the things that you wrote about that particular card. This when it happens totally changes the way I perceive the meaning of the particular card. Your gifts are amazing.

Brightest Blessings, and Be at Peace.

Kathy

greetings Kathy,

I was wondering about that... I take it that the images from the Diary (even mental ones) are well behaved then when used with other decks? I'm glad you use the Diary that way, Kathy!! :heart:Thanks for telling me... that gives me a nice tingly feeling. To know that you are able to work with the Diary without the cards.. that's great to know!!! **time for snoopy dance**

HUGGING YOU RIGHT NOW.

Tansey Ella

I have been following this thread for some time. I don't seem to have the right words to describe the images or stories. They are just not like anything else I have ever seen, very unique.

sacredashes

Page of Pentacles

turned to ash