Bohemian Gothic Tarot Compendium

baba-prague

Skydancer said:
Thank you so much for introducing me to these 2 authors, Karen et el.
Amazing what one can find on a tarot board ...

(Have I mentioned anywhere yet that I am on freakin' pins and needles waiting for the BGT?? I wasn't sure.)

Oh - you HAVE to read "Carmilla" too - the Queen of Swords owes a lot to that story. It was a huge influence on Stoker's "Dracula" you know. But in Le Fanu the vampire is a beautiful young woman - fabulous story.

6 Haunted Days

peace_pixie said:
I don't know why but as soon as i saw this thread i thought of hounds of the baskervilles by Arthuer Conan Doyle...

Runs off to hide

That's a great one, so much heavy atmosphere with the moors and fog, I should re-read it, it's been decades lol.

Skydancer

The Hounds of the Baskervilles I read as a teenager and was terrified by it at the time. I could just 'see' the moor and house, the hound baying in the dark ... Then the first movie I saw with the REAL Sherlock Holmes actor, Basil Rathbone, and of course Nigel Bruce, was utterly fanTAStic.

I've been amused by others in these roles, but it will never be the same. *sigh*

But I wax nostalgic. --- I'm working my way through the books - the 1944 edition (second printing) arrived today - old and yellow but not musty, just a strange 'oldness' about it (yum) - and Uncle Silas. I'm in reading heaven!
Camilla will be next ... but I'm kind of wanting to go slow so as to not 'be done' too soon!!

When am I going to get my 2 readings done here that people are waiting for??!

Oh - maybe now. No one is home so ...

'bye!

acucent

I have pre-ordered the Bohemian Gothic Tarot and await it's debut in October...Thank you all so much for the heads up on Le Fanu and James...I have just placed an order from Amazon...I will keep myself entertained until the arrival in October...