'Tarot Stripped Bare'

Pipistrelle

LixiPixi said:
Call me crazy, but can you put that into American English for those of us that don't understand the differences between PAL and NTSC?? LOL Region-free sounds like it will work everywhere?
To be honest, the whole PAL vs NTSC thing is far too technical for me! From what I can gather, the difference is mainly down to resolution (i.e. number of lines) and frame rate (i.e. number of frames per second/fps). I did a search and found lots of technical jargon that didn't help. :D However, this site:
http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/PALvsNTSC/PALvsNTSC.asp

states:
Michaeldvd said:
As a further aside, if you have a Region 1 DVD player you in all likelihood cannot play PAL DVDs both for reasons of Region locking and because the great majority of Region 1 DVD players have had their PAL playback ability disabled, not to mention the fact that most NTSC display devices cannot display PAL images.

So it's likely that this DVD would not play on most US DVD players. Possibly.

Lynda

celeste

mythos said:
The 10 of Cups in a Waite-Smith based deck is often called the 'happy families' card. The fact that it came up here in the reading is a wonderful example of how an apparently irrelevant card can appear in a spread. If this wasn't a beginner's taster, one could move more deeply into how the mix of feelings - joy and belonginess - to a 'family' of people e.g. tarot reader's (a broadening of the concept of family), could be an outcome of the effort involved in studying and moving into the world of tarot.

Of course this is only one possible interpretation - mine -, and in the trailer we see another person's interpretation. While having an opinion is okay ... and not seeing the card reader's interpretation as appropriate, is a perfectly valid opinion, to hold, it nonetheless, seems to me that the expression of that opinion could have been presented in a more kindly and constructive manner.

The idea of demystifying tarot through such a DVD is one that is long overdue. The question about a reader's possible psychism, and her answer, was one that needs to be asked and answered. All too often those who seek readings are looking for us to pull a whole hutch of rabbits out of a shop full of hats ... nice to see the question addressed simply and clearly.

It is always well to start simply and move then into more complex information. It appears that this DVD may very well do this.

mythos:)

I'm sorry if I offended anyone and I do wish Pipstrelle success with her DVD. As I said I think the format is a good idea but I was just being honest with my first impression of what was shown. I would want the same courtesy paid to me if I put something out there for public consumption. Honest feedback makes you better in whatever you do. In my beginner tarot classes I make sure to teach the concept of integration of card meanings so that my students know that (for example) the 10 of cups means different things when different questions are asked.
Perhaps the DVD covers that, I don't know but it is not apparent from the sample shown. For a beginner it is good to start with simple concepts and build from there but I just found it rather misleading.

Anyway, Pipstrelle, no hard feelings ,I'm just playing the Devil's advocate here.

Pipistrelle

Hi Celeste

Of course there's no hard feelings. I certainly don't expect everyone to like the dvd and it's good to get criticism as it helps for next time ;) The whole thing has been a HUGE learning experience. I just HOPE that some people like it and find it useful. :)

Lynda