Animal Messages oracle, Susan Green

pippi

bershka said:
Hi pippi,

omg, I am so sorry to hear this horrible experience. You don't deserve this kind of treatment!

I received my deck yesterday and I have had no problems at all. When you mentioned that you had 2 cards missing, I just recounted all my cards and the 52 cards are there.

You poor thing :(

I'll send you my deck if you want, it has lots of positive energy :D

I love so much this deck :love:

Oh you are so sweet...of course I would never want you to send me your copy! I'm just sooooooo relieved that your set came in tact. That was my biggest worry. My son's birthday is in a couple weeks, so hopefully I'll have time to get him the deck elsewhere before then. But my immediate concern was that I had recommended the site to others here, and I would have felt horrible if yours had come incomplete like mine. So that's a big relief! :)

I'm very happy you love it and that it has great energy for you!!

pippi

Jewel said:
pippi I am so sorry to hear that! I hope it all gets resolved for you.

Thank you Jewel! Seems this deck is destined for March birthdays! :) I hope you receive it on your special day. :)

bershka

umph, I always check ebay for cheap oracle decks... I got the majority of my decks there!

At the moment, there's nothing for Animal Messages but if you keep checking it, you may be in for a surprise :D

Good luck in your search pippi!

If I come across other sites, I will let you know ;)

Thanks again for introducing me to the site though ;)

faunabay

pippi,
You did get back in touch with the site you bought it from didn't you? If they have any kind of customer service they'll send you out another deck. You said earlier you were going to get in touch with them, but did you? They might be horrified to find there was a problem too!

pippi

bershka... I ordered another copy from Amazon today! :)

faunabay.. I contacted them about 5 hours ago, and have not received a response yet. :( So no, it doesn't sound as though the company is terribly horrified by their error. I looked, and they don't have the deck listed on their site anymore. So they won't be able to send me a replacement. I payed with my Paypal debit/MC card, so I can always issue a complaint there and try to fight it that way if they don't respond...but ugh, what a drag that would be.

ETA: (next day) Never heard back from BookCloseouts.com yesterday, or yet today. I just sent them another email.

pippi

Are these cards grouped together in some manner, like suits? I noticed that some of the cards have matching colors on the bottom borders. Are they deliberately grouped, or is this just random?

faunabay

pippi said:
Are these cards grouped together in some manner, like suits? I noticed that some of the cards have matching colors on the bottom borders. Are they deliberately grouped, or is this just random?
She sort of groups them together by elements (sort of). For example she does group all the birds together (air), the arboreal (tree animals), mammals (ground/earth) and one other I think, maybe just others that don't fit into previous groups. LOL
It's not truely anything I pay attention to, but that's just me. I'm sure if you did multiple card spreads you could use this the same way you would the minors in tarot. For example you have alot of birds, but no earth animals..... and what that might mean. (shrug)

pippi

Thanks faunabay! :)

Satori

OK, so here is my dilemma. I had this one and gave it to my nephew for a birthday gift, oh, about two or three years ago. He has never discussed it with me, and well I have never asked him if he uses it.

I have been thinking about it lately, and am considering asking him if he uses it, if he still has it, and if would give it back if he doesn't use it. But I'm hesitant...because he may pick it up some day, but this really isn't what he is into I don't think.

Is this awful or perhaps tacky???? Should I just buy myself a new one?

faunabay

Satori said:
OK, so here is my dilemma. I had this one and gave it to my nephew for a birthday gift, oh, about two or three years ago. He has never discussed it with me, and well I have never asked him if he uses it.

I have been thinking about it lately, and am considering asking him if he uses it, if he still has it, and if would give it back if he doesn't use it. But I'm hesitant...because he may pick it up some day, but this really isn't what he is into I don't think.

Is this awful or perhaps tacky???? Should I just buy myself a new one?
What I would do is.......just ask him about the deck. Tell him you were just thinking about it recently and wondered if he was still liking it.

And just see what he says. His answer may give you enough feedback to figure out what to do yourself. You know, he may have given it to someone else, lost it, etc. Then you'll know, of course, that you can't ask for it back. :)