Mary Packard - Tarot de Marseille

starlightexp

Gosh darn it .. I might just have to breakdown and get it because of the gold

Le Fanu

I'm sure it'll be reasonably priced, like the Visconti Sforza set.

Desecrated

Interesting contrast, Desecrated. Thanks for that. It looks like it has a softer, gentler line.

It is interesting that this is the second Madenié deck we have had. Perhaps this means that the tyranny of the Conver is over.

The Madenié facsimilie reproduction by Yves and Wilfried is probably the most ravishing TdM available. I am completely, utterly in love with this deck to the depth and breadth and height my Marseilles soul can reach! I shall definitely get this Packard set as I'm sure it wil be beautiful but I wonder whether I can be swayed away from the expressive jaggedness and peerings of the original.

I have three copies. Because it's the best! So I'm very curious about this version

Remember that this is a screenshot from a pdf, In real life the cards are going to look more crisp. But it seems like the background is more yellow then white so that removes some contrast.

Emily

I had this deck on pre-order from Amazon then cancelled it because of how they messed me around with the Mini Centennial in a tin. They kept putting the delivery dates back even though everyone else seemed to have it in so I cancelled and then managed to get it cheaper.

So I've cancelled this deck too and will wait until it is released properly then get it. I'm looking forward to how she tackles the Minors and also the deck, Madenie TdM, that will be in the kit. :)

Emily

I've just checked Amazon UK and they are now giving a release date of 12 November? I wonder if this is just Amazon again or has the release date been put back.

MissChiff

I've had this deck on pre-order for a month.. And now I understand it's being pushed back another month..😥

Desecrated

What the heck is amazon doing?
I can order this one in sweden today.

Aeric

I found it in Toronto Indigo today so I picked it up. I snapped quick pics.

Box

The box is exactly the same size as Golden Tarot, except opens as a book with a well for the cards and the book on top. It's a clean and elegant presentation. After two decks, we may surmise that all future Packard boxes will be this size.

A nice meaty book again, covering history, French and Italian decks, comparisons to Conver, Etteilla and European divination, the Sefiroth, and the language of colour, before card meanings. The foreword is by Robert Place.

Some cards, back

The cards are about the same size as Golden and come in the equally tight cardboard tuck box. I swear I dented that flap as soon as I tugged it open. They really need a new method.

You'll first notice the stain patterns, a nice greyish-brown. The colour fades don't quite match the Madenie 1709 deck (compare the Queen of Cups on the AT profile page). The backs are different as well, borderless floral design.

In all I quite like it, but I have less experience with Madenie. Collectors and lovers of Marsies will probably like this one, but for its size. Golden's size was more appropriate for Visconti's deck.