Qabalah, The Tree of LIfe and Tarot.

chris_debian

Hi,

I am beginning to see a path forming with regard to my development with the Western Mystery Tradition. I have been gathering various information, and understand that I may be able to gain a greater understanding of The Tree of Life, by using the Tarot deck with different parts of the Tree.

Can anyone tell me how I can begin this work?

Many thanks.

Take care,

Chris.

Don SiSi

Hi

Some people say that the trumps are created to visualize the deeper meaning of the tree of life. Every card is one connection between the sephirots. So with understanding way a trup is on a connection you understand the connection better.
This is my idea but I know wary little about Kaballah and I just started to get into the subject.

Here is a link with the positions of the cards Click me
greetings

Don SiSi

chris_debian

Don SiSi,

Thank you very much for your reply and the link. I shall have a look at it.

Many thanks,

Chris.

Kircher Tree

Here are a few more links for you:

http://ann.skea.com/BLCabala.htm

This one is a bit different as it looks at Tarot/Qabalah as a key to the poetry of Ted Hughs.

http://pasteboardmasquerade.com/Esoteric/Tree/

A comparative study of several Qabalah Trees. (You might also google my name)

http://arcaneadvisors.com/library/Achad/egyptian.pdf

Not sure if you will like this one because it is the most advanced and controversial. Some people believe the common tarot card to tree path attributions are backward. If you get very deep into this, you will run into the issues that Achad raises in this book.

Enjoy!

chris_debian

Thanks for the links. The second one looks very interesting, I'll have a proper look.

Thanks, again.

Chris.

Jourdain

If you're interested in this, take a look at The Hermetic Tarot by Godfrey Dawson. U.S. Games publishes it. The Tree of Life is referenced so many times, in so many ways, that it's almost a little exhausting. There's an excellent "little white book" with the deck, that details the connections between the Tree of Life and the Major Arcanes.

Hope this helps,
--Jourdain

Kircher Tree

Re: Little White Book on Hermetic

The tree on the back of the LWB is the "Novice" tree for the Golden Dawn.
There is a little game that they play that is kind of fun if you are interested. When the "Novice" notices that there is something incorrect about that tree, the Innner Order will provide a "corrected" tree. The correction is not in the tree itself, but in the path attributions to the tarot cards. I better not say anything more, but if you go to one of the many net forums with Golden Dawn members, you can get a lead on this. They are (most of them) very open and friendly, and you do not have to be a member to get the corrected tree.

Jourdain

Thanks for the tip, Kircher! I've done a lot of work with Golden Dawn related matters before, and knew there was a "correted" tree, but never was interested enough to figure out how I should go about coming across it.

--Jourdain