Basic meanings of sibilla cards - site or book

Gavriela

My Sibilla '800 has a phrase on each card, too - it's by Luigi Scapini but he modelled it after the older sibillas. I really like it, just not as proficient with sibillas as Lenormand.

For a more modern, non-keyworded small deck, have you looked at the Leidingkarten? It's 36 cards, and an update of the Kipperkarten. Very nice, pastel, and not overly modern, just...lovely. And I translated the keywords somewhere in here - it's German, but I don't believe it came with a LWB.

http://www.esoterikshopping.de/view_product.php?product=kipperkarten02

Worth checking out.

cardlady22

ideas for translation help

I've been flitting between windows on websites so much that I am forgetting what I see! <giggle>

Have you asked at your local library, military/veterans association, or a retirement/elderly activities center? You might be able to get in contact with someone who is more fluent. (and make a new friend in the process) I plan to see if someone winter-vacationing from Canada can help me with my Astro Mythological (French) book.

cardlady22

Thanks for the link to itarocchidigabriella's site! I felt like an idiot when I realized you have to click on the text, rather than the pics, to get the links. I am really enjoying looking at the various deck samples under each individual card. I am assuming these are all Italian-based decks.

Does anyone know of a list of the French-based?

Also, I found where Kapherus had to move his Art of Cartomancy Forum! *exuberant dancing and spinning commences*

WolfyJames

cardlady22 said:
Thanks for the link to itarocchidigabriella's site! I felt like an idiot when I realized you have to click on the text, rather than the pics, to get the links. I am really enjoying looking at the various deck samples under each individual card. I am assuming these are all Italian-based decks.

Does anyone know of a list of the French-based?

Yes, there is a french sibilla, the Parlour Sibyl or La sibille des salons, depending of the publishers (available in French and English). The French invented the sibilla first, La sibille des salons, inspired by and dedicated to Mme LeNormand, and it spread in all Europe and each country came up with their own sibillas. Italy came up with their sibillas: La Vera Sibilla and Sibilla della Zingara. There is an Hungarian/German sibilla deck called Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards or it's real name Zigeuner Warsagekartten too

Here is a gallery showing all the cards of the Parlour Sibyl / La sibille des salons on my website: http://strangerealms.multiply.com/photos/album/30/Parlour_Sibyl

More here about such decks: http://www.luckymojo.com/cartomancy.html

WolfyJames

Adjustment said:
Hi, i have the same Parlour Sibyl deck, have you read with it, and how acuarate has been for you.

I love sibillas because there is no need to remember by heart each card and you can get intuitive with sibillas while it's harder with just cards. Well, in my case, I'm visual so sibillas suit me really well. They are very accurate. I hope you will love them as much as I do.

Le Fanu

back with my Sibillas...

I remember a while back being directed to a website which had divinatory meanings to the Sibillas. It wasn't the translated "gabriella" site, nor was it the meanings by bohdran.

I remember I was using the Art Deco cards at the time and although some meanings are self explanatory/ traditionally obvious (i.e dog, Misfortune etc) there were some great meanings for those potentially difficult cards such as Servant or Military Man...

The problem is, I copied down some of the meanings on a bit of paper, which I have now lost and it's driving me mad trying to find the meanings. I want to add it to my favourites!

They were meanings which could be used with the Art Deco Fortune Telling cards, and I saw the potential for adapting them to decks such as the Della Zangara/ Every Day Oracle.

Can anyone help me???

cardlady22

I'm thinking this might be one of Madame Seaqueen's that was a scribd.com document. The printout I have starts off
Keywords for the Art Deco fortune telling cards. 36 (in red font) of the 52 cards are identical to the Gipsy Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten deck
1. Message = announcement, invitation, results, telephone call
etc

The bottom of the printout refers to her wordpress blog. Let me know if this sounds like what you are wanting to find, because I don't see it in her Card Meanings folder anymore.

Le Fanu

Yes! It is this site, isn't it?

But Im sure there was a section which had the Art Deco card meanings listed numerically, and now it doesn't seem to be there...