The moon as romantic potential..

palin

Hi there

I asked the cards if X is "the one"...

I got the moon..

I would take it the cards do not want to say..the moon is so much about mysteries and secrets that I'm also wondering if the card works as a warning sign..that some things are not unveiled yet...

Snookum

I would prefer to see the 2 of cups for 'the one'. From experience, I don't trust the vagaries of the other cards when asking this question. The moon, however, is a deep attraction, where the loved one filters into our dreams, despite logically trying to bat away the attraction. Not to be sniffed at.

palin

Not to be sniffed at.

I like this expression..
thanks for the input..I get the HP too on the same person and when asking the same q...

deep attraction there is...

SunChariot

Hi there

I asked the cards if X is "the one"...

I got the moon..

I would take it the cards do not want to say..the moon is so much about mysteries and secrets that I'm also wondering if the card works as a warning sign..that some things are not unveiled yet...

It really depends on how you read. If those are your meanings, it could meana any of those. It means whatever your intution tells you it does.

For me, the only meaning I personally have for that card is romance or romantic feelings. Full moon=romance, period. I don't have any of those other meanings for the cards, about mystery...So for me if the question was about romantic potential, and The Moon for me means romance, that would have been a definite yes for me.

But again it was your reading, so it likely means something related to your usual meanings for it. Although even if the card were saying that some things may not be revealed as yet that does not have ot be a warning sign. Who's to say yet if what is revealed will be anything negative. It could be that as you move forward that you find out some things about the other that you don't yet know and these could be good and wonderful things that could draw you closer together.

Any maybe there is always something mysterious about someone in the early stages or a romance or of getting to know them. In the beginning there is always a lot you don't know yet or really understand.

Babs

palin

Thanks Bab for your sharing your thoughts.

I find it interesting that your meaning for the moon does not cover my usual take on it..but I get you when you say one should read with their own meaning for the cards.

The moon to me is at best about mystery, spritual connection and inner knowledge and at worst uncertainty, secrets and confusion...

and you are right also that it does not have to be a warning sign..somtimes it is a message that things are best left unknown for now...

SunChariot

Thanks Bab for your sharing your thoughts.

I find it interesting that your meaning for the moon does not cover my usual take on it..but I get you when you say one should read with their own meaning for the cards.

The moon to me is at best about mystery, spritual connection and inner knowledge and at worst uncertainty, secrets and confusion...

and you are right also that it does not have to be a warning sign..somtimes it is a message that things are best left unknown for now...

That's the beauty of Tarot, and the mystery of it. LOL We all develop out own ways and each of our ways works for each of us. :heart:

For me spiritual connection and inner knowledge, and even mystery to some extent, would be covered by the High Prieestess. I guess confusion for me would be mostly covered by the 4 of Swords. Swords being about our thoughts and the 4's indicate completion. So that card would say that the person is not through thinking about the topic, they need to complete their thoughts on it as there is somethinig they are not understanding. That lack of understanding could well show some confusion, and uncertainty,

Not so much that a person who has never read before can just pick up a deck of Tarot cards and make up their own meanings from scratch or anything. I think you have to learn the basics, and then you can personalize over time.

Babs

Damian

Hi there

To me this interpretation would be better suited with the High Priestess. The Moon may tell you that you're projecting some ideals to X but they may be idealized, corrupted, based on hope/fear and that soon enough you'll find out.

willowfox

***The Moon suggests that deep down you know he's something special, the alpha male.

Richard

The romance card:

Attachments

• lune.jpg
    lune.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,751

wind

We associate Moon mainly with confusion or illusion only because of our rationalist, solar society which negates the reality of everything that cannot be explained rationally or pragmatically. That's why the Moon has such a bad reputation. But when feelings happen, other realms of being are touched, far deeper and profound than mere rationality, so yes, of course, the Moon is about the depth of feeling, love, deep connection. Love is not something that happens on the rational, solar level, it touches unknonw parts of ourselves. Moon is very much about that - and also, in other systems, Moon is THE card for romance and feelings.