Did you dance with the Faeries?

skytwig

Alissa said:
Remember ... there are no rules. ;)
Such a sweet reminder....... pure Divinity!!! :)

Wisp Wings

Give it a whirl

I did the dancing. There has been a lot of good comments already in regards to this. I do also see it as a need for a greater connection.

Faeries are carefree, simple and fun-loving. We are far too tense and uptight as dealing with the daily grind we tend to have as adults. This is an outlet for expression, creativity, and releasing of spirit and soul needing to flow from us. It somehow both releases and expands us, maybe kind of like chi, in that we have clutter that needs moved, dealt with as means to allow in the new and wanted into our lives.

Dance is art, and art is heart and a brush with the Divine. Dances can convey depths of sorrow, longing, loss, or the fullness of joy and happiness, all in movement and without a single word spoke or sung.

Another thought too, is vibration. All of the Universe and within it, sing with a vibration. Our abilities to intuit is picking up on a similiar vibration or attuning to theirs and connecting.

For myself, I chose a time alone, remembered the joys of my childhood and whirling to music. For this exercise, I didn't even bother to play any music. I stood in the center of the room first breathing deeply, eyes closed, standing meditative wanting to connect with them and whatever within me needed to come forth in expression. Within a few minutes I opened my eyes, opened my mouth without knowing what was going to come out and just with 'ahhh, oooooh, dee, and la' type sounds sung and started to move, to which gave way to complete dancing. IT WAS VERY FREEING. I wonder if the fluid feel of this, the ease of it, helps us not to be dis-eased? Somehow I feel the fae saying "Its all faery simple, you see?!"

If you truly cannot ever let yourself experience this and if you are concerned about others seeing you and wondering "What the heck?", then sit at your computer with it on a music site, put on headphones, and turn the music low (if it affects you adversely), then close your eyes and wish to connect with them. Meditate a focused meditation that this is for this purpose and sit in your chair and sway as you are guided. If that is still too much, then just toss the head, or roll it a bit, swaying may start. :) Just allow any on-lookers to think you are so deeply involved in the music, that it is stirring you.

Moonbow

I did it!.............

Yes I did sing and dance yesterday, (felt close to the Faeries but never saw them) I'm sure they were watching me though! Good day for me yesterday ( the Auntie thing!) and I was doing some housework, had my feather duster in my hand and started singing christmas songs! It drew the attention of my daughter who said 'mum are you alright?' and I said ' yes I'm singing with the Faeries' with that she turned and went out of the room - guess they must be getting a bit more use to my 'odd ways' now.

I wanted to share this important step with you all. I'll do it again too.

Moonbow* :D

PS - I drew the Dark Lady for my card of the day! Still thinking about this one!

Alissa

Moonbow ... don't stop playing! Even if they groan and roll their eyes at you, they will remember one day that their mother believed in playing, no matter what her age.

And that's a wonderful thing to teach.

Wisp Wings

Re: Give it a whirl

Wisp Wings said:

Dance is art, and art is heart and a brush with the Divine. Dances can convey depths of sorrow, longing, loss, or the fullness of joy and happiness, all in movement and without a single word spoke or sung.

Another thought too, is vibration. All of the Universe and within it, sing with a vibration. Our abilities to intuit is picking up on a similiar vibration or attuning to theirs and connecting.

So glad you did give it a try. It is fun, isn't it?

I was watching a show other day and heard this statement was said. It struck such a chord with me that I thought quickly to write it down. I knew when hearing it said that it worked perfectly with what I had wrote to you.

"Music and art are a language of intuition."
~ Dr. Will Tuttle

To know more of his work, go to www.willtuttle.com

I know it is not by accident that with the Faeries' Oracles we are asked to dance and to sing with the faes and we are asked to draw/create our own guide on the zero card.

I just had to share this with you all.

ScarabFlight

I know this is old but.....

I did not do the dancing and singing right away. Later I did some singing (read: humming) and it felt pretty good. In the shower was quite nice too. :D

Even later when it was just me (and the critters) at home I did the dancing. I didn't put the circle of cards on the ground, I probably would have stepped on them. I don't know if the faeries were dancing with me, but I know for sure that my two dogs did and loved it! lol

I have noticed that I've been more happy and silly lately and I haven't been that way in a looong time so it was very nice. :)

thank you everyone

Jewel

Ohhhh yes, we danced and sang *LOL*. I belive this exercise brings a real paradigm shift, and that is something everyone should experience. It is also as many have mentioned a rekindling of the child self.

I have a long commute to work, so the faeries and I sing quite a bit. They like to teach too! Although I have only physically danced with them a couple of times, there are a couple of CDs I have that when I put them in I can automaticallly visualize myself dancing with them, it is instantaneous. The Dark Lady, whom I have never quite trusted is the one that dances with me the most in this mode. We are quite impressive together *LOL*.

uraetasua

I recently "discovered" the faeries oracle, don't own it (yet), just visit it on the website. As for the dancing, I didn't dance with the faeries yet, but they did make fun of me!!!
Last year in May I was in Basque Country, the French part. I feel more connected to both the Earth and the Otherworld there than any place else I've been and I would live there if I didn't have three kids who need me where I live now.
Anyway, during that visit I sort of saw some faery like creatures. (They are called Laminak there, that's plural, one Lamina, more Laminak.) Of course the Lady of the Source, as I call her, except that I am not at all sure that he or she or it is a lady, there does not seem to be a gender, just an idea of greens an a slender person (is a faery a person?). I had been drinking the water from that source on every visit there and this time was the first time I found the source itself (I got the water from where it had been led to the farm). So I thanked her for the water and asked her to protect my friend there, which she seemed to be doing anyway and I made her a small gift from green glass beads.
Then on the last day of my stay I went to another source, of which the water is warm and salty (I didn't know it was salty, didn't taste it, my friend told me later) There I found three small creatures and one like the lady of the source. These three little ones were having fun and I was pretty sure they were having fun about me. I think if the taller one hadn't been there, they might have played a trick on me, later I thought may be she was the same lady but I'm not sure.
They would have been pleased if I'd danced with them, I think, but I just sat there with my blistered feet in the warm spring water. But now that the idea has presented itself, I may try to dance with the lady of the source, when there are no humans around......

jema

I didn't do the dancing - yet.
But I never even stopped singing.
I started as soon as I could make sounds as a child. Mother use to tell me I was a humming child.
And I still sing a lot, make up small tunes and hum or even make up words for them. I don't sing very "good" though and I sing very quiet, but the song has always been there.

I used to dance when I was younger, free dancing and skipping and swaying but things occured in my past so I more or less shut off my body.

I might try dancing again - just here and there when I feel happy. Happy-dances were always easier then the sadness-dances.