A Crystal Ball...

Pumpkin

Miranda is very pretty. Let us know when she is home. :)

HearthCricket

LittleBuddha said:
I might have a little go with Mute tonight.

Mute is like a television that's lost it's plug. No picture. No sound.

Either that, or Mute is just stubborn.

But I might have a little go at trying to charm Mute out of his shell. His nose is right in the air and his lip is definitely zipped.

I would be interested in what books you are reading HC. Have you found any online resources that are any good?

Mute-Too came with the Titania kit. He says little as well. But Mute is about twice as large. My dad bought him for me in some sea-side villiage. I would like to say that he spoke to me in the shop but that would be a lie. But he did look more wonderfully sparklier than his older but smaller brother. Both are clear. I think the ones with flaws are much more inviting, to be honest, but then I wonder if having the gift to see anything in a sphere does not have much to do with size, price etc etc. Would I be right in saying that? If you can do it, can you not transfer the gift onto any ball or similar surface. Even though I suppose familiarity is a good thing in having one as a tool.

Interested in hearing how it all goes for you HC .. and also happy to keep talkig here about it. I have found Crystal Balls fascinating for a long time and would very much be able to use Mute and his brother for more than ornamentation.

LB

Miranda will have two books accompanying her...when they come I will give you the titles and the authors. I can't even remember what I picked, but they looked the best and had good reviews. Let me know how it goes with Mute. If he starts to chat, you may need to rename him to Flute. :D

I think the medium that you use for scrying has a lot to do with how well you do. At least if you can scry at all. Sort of like tarot decks. Just because you can read tarot doesn't mean every deck will work for you. You can try, but some are just nothing. That is me with the Thoth. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I also can't read with unillustrated pips. I would love to, but I can't. I need more. I need aid or something. I am a very visual person. Abstract art rarely moves me, but give me the detail of a piece of Pre-Raphaelite painting and I will tell you gobs. Hmmm...maybe I could scry with one of those!! I think there are gifted people out there that can scry with anything, but I suppose it depends on one's pyschic ability, how trained up one is, how alive it is in a particular person, so that they can tap into it and "see" or "divine". For me, perhaps after working with Miranda I could go to a plain glass or clear crystal ball, but something in my heart tells me no. I need to have something in it. I practiced these past few weeks. And it was a faceted glass stone, a puddle with some grass and ripples in it, and a large quartz crystal with occlusions and planes that spoke to me. That is when I knew it would be okay to invest in Miranda. They are pricey. But this is really following almost a lifelong dream (since I was 6 or 7) so I want to go forward with it. I've decided I will let Miranda hold the reins, for a while. If I build up a nice trust with her, I think she will be more obliging to me...or maybe it will be pity if she sees how hard I am trying!!

Little Baron

One of the things I always had a problem with is that I wasn't quite sure what I was surposed to be seeing. Or where.

Was it in the ball? Or was it in my mind? Was it real images? Or was it my interpretation of a shape or something?

The reason I ask this is because I have seen moving pictures in my head since a small child. And people shout into my ears. I never realised that this was being some kind of medium. I thought that everyone had this. Apparently not.

But when I see moving pictures in my head, it isn't me making my own sense of shapes or interpreting shadows. They literally are like watching a film. My head just opens up when in a trance, and when my 'inside eyes' have adjusted properly, I watch what the people and stuff are doing. Not always interesting stuff, but they often wave and shout hello.

Now is this what I am surposed to be seeing in the ball?

Or is it shadows that remind me of something?

Or is it something else.

When spirit talks to me, it is not me guessing. It is not my own inner voice. They shout like an out-of-tuned radio. And they don't always come. And I am not always listening.

I guess that what I am asking is how do we know that we are all looking at and for the same kind of thing. Does that make sense?

LB

HearthCricket

Yes, of course I understand what you are saying. Summing it up...why scry? What the heck are we doing it for? LOL

For me it is a form of concentration. Letting go everything that may be running in my mind, and allowing myself to enter into almost a trance-like state. I used to to Centering Prayer and I used a mantra to leave the world behind and just "Be" with God. A lot of people can't do that. They can't let go of all those thoughts. The harder you try to get rid of them, the more they come rushing in. I had a monk, who was very into Buddhism, tell me to picture a room with no furniture, but with two doors on the opposite ends, open. When a thought came, give it form, let it float in one door, through the room and out the other door. It was the best advice I had ever received in getting rid of those thoughts. Once Centered, I have trouble getting out of it. Your supposed to center for 20-30 minutes. People find this long. I can center for a good hour. I believe when I start working with Miranda I will be using a mantra inside of me until I reach that trance-like state. I will probably use the word "deeper". Once there I believe we are supposed to be waiting to see if something jumps out at us (boogy!) or rather the shape of something, anything that gives us a bit of knowledge. Remember I said I would like to try it alongside with tarot? Okay...here is an example. Say I am doing a reading and the cards are dark. Maybe final card or future card is the tower. Tower what? What disaster? Do I want to see if I can see further into it? So, off to scrying land I go. I get into a trance, I go deeper, I see the vague shape of a scythe in the ball. Death. Or maybe I see something round like a coin. Bankruptcy. Or perhaps I see the shape of a person. Deceit. Etc.

Here is a very summarized intro to scrying that might help you answer some of your questions as to "Why??" and "What?". This also explains exactly why, at least for now, I need a ball with character and not completely clear, or I would have a "Mute, Yet Again". :D

http://www.crystalinks.com/scrying.html

HearthCricket

Miranda arrived, safe and sound, today, but her holder is not here, yet. I am also awaiting the books on crystal balls so she will get her grand viewing in a few days, if all goes as planned. In the meantime I am having a glorious time just looking at her from various angles and getting to know her. She has so many cool things. Occlusions, inclusions (whatever!) planes, little rainbows, a few bubble like spaces, a bit of cloud and then these lovely swirls of what looks like mist dancing inside of her! Plus some very clear areas. It is amazing how different she looks from every angle! I love her and she actually seems much bigger than I expected. I can't imagine working with one larger than this, even though at first I was disappointed she was only 3.5. She seems a perfect size for me! I am thrilled! She also has informed me that she wants some black velvet for a background, to show herself off best! Hmm....

celticnoodle

Oh my goodness, LB. You are a psychic medium to be sure. My daughter has these same happenings--and she is psychic. My mother gets these too, who is psychic. Both can see things happening to people they know & these people are still living---they see it in their head, & my daughter describes it as watching a t.v. show. She always knows when it's a deceased spirit because she can see through them. but when it is someone still living, she cannot see through them, but it is different, because she knows they are not right in front of her. She hears spirits too, and sometimes hears them w/o seeing them. My son in law can see them, but rarely can hear them. Once he had a room full of spirits trying to converse with him. He could not understand them, so they made him realize that he had to wake up my daughter, because they told him that she could hear them!

Now, from what I understand from my daughter, when she reads the crystal ball, she can also see these images of both people living and deceased inside the ball, like it's a television show. it'll be slightly cloudy around the images. if she rotates the ball, she either sees it from a different angle or usually it just moves on to a new scene--like in t.v. So I do think it's seen inside the ball. When the 'time' is over and she's not to see anymore, it just gets very cloudy again and then goes dark. Maybe when you see a scene it's just that since you are gazing into the ball, it's like a television show and your 3rd eye is the transmitter sending the 'images' to the ball. I'm no expert, so who knows? just my guess.

I usually make the connection with spirits when I'm asleep. I cannot 'force' it to happen when I want---it just happens-and most usually when I sleep. I see them easier then I can hear them, and have them wave to me also, once had an elderly gent show up and tip his hat to me, then turn around and walk away like he was walking up a flight of stairs towards the heavens! it was so cool! I don't know who he was, but I'll never forget that experience.

L.B. you are a definate psychic medium. Maybe the crystal ball will come easy for you and help you to further develop your psychic skills. I'd really love to hear more of your experiences. And Hearthcricket, yours too, when you get the chance to connect with Miranda.

a question for you both- I never heard of naming your crystal ball. Is this common? If not, why did you two choose names? How did you come about with those names?

HearthCricket

celticnoodle said:
a question for you both- I never heard of naming your crystal ball. Is this common? If not, why did you two choose names? How did you come about with those names?

First of all, I have a tendency to name a lot of things in my house. The brass HearthCricket is named Pip. He has great expectations. ;) Master Humphrey is our grandfather clock. He is named after Dickens incomplete novel involving a grandfather clock. Heathcliff is our beloved brass bedwarmer, content to remain by hearth and brood! Etc.

I wanted to name my crystal ball because I wanted to personalize it and begin a relationship with it. As soon as I saw the picture, I knew it was a her. I said in my mind I should give her a name. And the name Miranda came right into my head. And so, she gave me her name.

Mind you, when I was 7 years old I started talking to the trees and when my father asked me what one was saying, I told him that the tree was "lonely because his friend had died decades ago from blight and so he cries out in his solitude." Not exactly the common language of a 7 year old girl who played gypsies and Little House on the Prairie with her friends. My father still remembers this and teases me!

celticnoodle

thank you hearthcricket! i love to read your posts, you have a wonderful way about you and I so enjoyed this one. Love the names you picked out for your things---especially the grandfather clock---Master Humphrey, how appropriate! As for you speaking to trees, what a cute story. Did your folks realize when you were younger that you had 'unusual' abilities, such as psychic abilities? When my daughter was little, we had a huge rock in our yard that could not be moved, nestled between two trees. It was her favorite spot and she would sit there for hours just 'listening & thinking'. She called it her "thoughtful place" like in the Winney the Pooh movies. It was as if she was meditating---and she'd go there and just be still & listen and think.

HearthCricket

They knew I was different, all along the way, but they never really considered me as being pyschic or anything like that. Old fashioned is more like it. I didn't like to play with dolls unless I could dress them up in long dresses-everything had to be a gypsy, including me. What better way to wear long skirts with pretty colours and twirl? :) I loved my trolls (they were gypsies, too, of course) and my Breyer Horses, etc. They did think I was very clever, but as I was sick a lot, my cleverness didn't show in school grades until college! Maybe this is why they were never weirded out by giving me tarot decks or chatting with the trees, calling to birds and just living happily in my own little world! I haven't told them about Miranda, yet, but I would assume they would just consider it another part of me and ask me if I have seen anything yet? I will probably go down in the family books as the most eccentric...and I don't really mind! :D

thinbuddha

HearthCricket said:
I said in my mind I should give her a name. And the name Miranda came right into my head. And so, she gave me her name.

Does this mean she has the right to remain silent?